S3 haldex trouble

Goubo1

Reaction score
I have currently no 4wd only 2wd on my s3 just now could this be at fault ?

6ACEFAD7-7DCC-4C4D-8141-E428B4129A30-5251-0000043C70A7C252.jpg

Was having a little look underneath the car and noticed the above today

If I'm not mistaken that's just the load sensor for the xenon auto levelling headlights isn't it?

+1 xenon leveller... that will fail the new MOT's

Earthstrap, wiring plug or precharge pumps are generally the faults related to Haldex systems

<tuffty/>

Gregor- cheers never knew what it was

Westy- I have read a few threads on the earth strap causing this my mate had a look but could not see it and since I have read a couple of threads saying that pre facelift don't have them and others saying they do ??

Tuffty- good job I have 10 months mot left lol,will get it sorted

Does any1 know if a preface lift car has or does not have a earth strap on the haldex ??

Jack it up, axle stands and get underneath and have a gander!! Only way you'll know for sure mate

Jack it up, axle stands and get underneath and have a gander!! Only way you'll know for sure mate

I have only had a quick look to be fair mate it's hopefully going in my mates garage tomorrow so he can have a right good look

Do you know where the earth strap is located if there is one there ?.

in honesty mate, for the life of me i cant remember where it is!! i'd look under mine but its gone dark now!! If the earth strap has gone, any good motor factors should be able to supply one!!