Speedometer

robin_bga

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have an Audi A3 2001,AUQ 8L.
initially it was an Automatic transmission, but for some reason, it was changed to manual trans, now the problem is the speedometer won't work. Now am thinking maybe the wiring was messed during the change over.I need someone who has the same car to help me with the color code or someone help me kindly point me to a solution.
maybe just so u know I used VAG & tested my instrument cluster & all niddles rise OK, we also changed the speedo sensors but all in vain. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Cheers

hello.

Im not 100% but arent automatic and manual instument clusters different? And again im not 100% but doesnt the speedo for an auto pick up its signal from the gearbox ecu?

Do scare me, I thought of that but didn't want to believe it, mostly the fact that it could be getting the speed from the Trans computer. But what are the color codes? Maybe there is a bypass.

i dont think there would be a bypass mate, you may need new clocks and id say the wiring loom is different. You could always wire in your own speedo using a digital unit?