Brembo Caliper Owners. Do you use anti vibration shims?

Westy

Reaction score
Any of you guys running these:

antivibration_2.gif

Anti Vibration Damper 36mm/40mm. Porsche 986 / 987 / 987C / 996 / 997 - 99635108802/1 | Design 911
Design911 seem to be the only place I can find that do them and they come to just short of £70 once VAT and delivery charges have been added. I wanted to try them this time round as the OEM Porkas have thenm fitted too their pads and I want to stop my pads from moving around in the caliper.

I never used them on my 996 calipers, and dealt with the noise.

I had a full set I never used, which I gave to Pierre, he has fitted them, and the noise is still there with DS3000's.

Perhaps good for silencing road pads that should be silent, but as near as dammit useless when used with man pads.

I have them fitted but only because they came as standard though these are on the Porsche not the Audi and saying that I have not tried them without which I guess is what you need someone who has tried them with and without but they are ****** expensive!
Try Porsch-apart you may get some cheaper or used if they would split

I like the term "man pads"
I fitted a set of pads without them on a lads VR6 and the noise was terrible.... fitted some and... still the same noise.

The Porsche big reds were made by Brembo. I used to use the oem Porsche textar pads and had the shims that stuck to the back of the pads and clipped into the calipers pistons.

Not cheap mind you.

I used to buy all my Porsche spares from type-911

I've managed to find the original pads that came with my brembo calipers and they still have the shims attached. I've read about people reusing them so I'll attempt to separate them from the old pads and fix them to the new ones.

Used them with my boxster calipers on my old bora with Hawk fast road pads and never had a bit of noise from them,even no the 'ring.

Old post I know.....

My Porsche calipers 986.351.421/2 have textar pads which I believe are loose in the calipers.... I get a huge thud under braking and acceleration

I also don't have room for the shims and I think I may have even checked mine out which came with the calipers :(

Anyone get a Large knock when they dab the brakes?

I can move the pad in the caliper with my fingers :(
Surely these shims must help?

Intresting as i have 993 turbo brakes on mine and they squeak alot wen braking... Wud shims help stop the noise?