SATNAV in a pre facelift A3??????

I

imported_alecblack

Just what the subject line says. Can a satnav system be fitted into a pre-facelift A3? I have seen them in the facelift models but no before.

Cheers in advance

there was a chap on TS.net that tried to put the centre console off of a facelift into his pre-facelift S3 but despite the console/double din cage fitting ok, the wiring for the aircon was different despite the electrical plugs being the same. I'm not sure if he finally managed it or not. This would all have to be addressed before you then fit the SATnav and all the associated wiring. While I doubt it would be impossible, it would be a lot of work to do yourself or a fortune to pay somebody else to do. It would help to have the wiring diagrams for both models plus the SATnav system.

Sounds like it may be more hassle than its worth, Maybe a TomTom would be a good option, although i think it would look better if it was built into the dash rather than sitting on top of it.

cheers guys

If you have a digital clock in the dash panel insert then you shouldn't have any problems connecting up the CANBUS etc.. You'll need to purchase a double DIN radio cage from Vag Parts, probably the ashtray, and you will also have to cut down the facia of your existing climate with a fine bladed coping saw. Here are some instructions but they are for the MY02 S3 but you'll get the idea.- http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tru...i%2beinbau.html

Here's mine which I did: