Tb cleaning advice

James TQ

Reaction score
I'm going to clean my throttle body soon but I don't have vag com to re align the flap...

Isthere another way of doing this without the software? Also will I need a new gasket?

Thanks

You may not need a new gasket but your pretty much f-ed if your current one breaks....

Use some carb cleaner to clean th throttle body.last time I had my cleaned I just disconnected the negative side of the battery for about half hour and it has been fine since.either that sorted it or I put it back in exactly the same place lol

I bought a new gasket just for the sake of it as the one on there will more then definitely be the original one. You may not need to re-align your TB after the clean.

Also from my experience, the TB will just get dirty again if you still have the original PCV oil system fed back into the TIP so keep an eye on it and see how quickly it gets dirty again.

Did mine recently, used this technique:

open driver door, turn key on, wait about 30sec (with hood open or keen ear, you hear high-pitch throttle motor aligning), close door and start engine