Coilovers/Tie Bars - Still unsure which to buy after reading a few reviews! Help :)

Andyrew_88

Reaction score
Hi there I am currently after purchasing a set of coilovers for my S3. Ideally wanting something adjustable but wondering if its worth spending that little bit extra for just a little adjustment when a pre set coilover is good enough??

Purpose of car is fast road car/track use but I am not to bothered about a slightly harsher ride as long as handling is much improved as stock set up there is far to much body roll!!

Which adjustable rear tie bars are people using?? I'll fit poly bushes when fitting these.

Also will I need wheel spacers?? Running the BBS Anniversary Golf wheels.

And also where is best place to get all these goodies??

Thanks a lot

All help appreciated and pictures of cars lowered would be a bonus to get an idea of looks ;-)

Adjustable damping is a nice thing to have when tracking a car but you need to think weather you'll actually get the use out of it or not.

Did you have a budget in mind?

Yes I'd personally go for some front and rear spacers with those wheels.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Adjustable damping is a nice thing to have when tracking a car but you need to think weather you'll actually get the use out of it or not.

Did you have a budget in mind?

Yes I'd personally go for some front and rear spacers with those wheels.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Budget not really thought to much about it as want it to be right so don't want to cut corners. Id probably say between 600 and 900 on coilovers.....

What wheel spacers would you suggest and what width??

Cheers

What prices can you offer on the AP coilovers or the Kw Variant 1's with a set of rear adjustable tie bars? thanks

Good to see the comments as i will be looking into this finally. i want a comfy ride, but want it lower so it sits nice and unsure if tie arms will be needed with a small drop?? also can i just use the standard shocks and lowering springs??

also what width is the max for wheels?

aaron