AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

got my relentless downpipe and sprts cat :)

got my RELENTLESS downpipe and sports cat well chuffed with it, the build quality is brilliant, now cant wait to fit!! dp and cat.jpg

2. # ADS
    ADS

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    got mine last week and its now on the car

Not had a chance to test the performance as yet but it does sound better even using the oem backbox!

Have fun removing the old OEM downpipe its a pig of a job
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    got mine last week and its now on the car

Not had a chance to test the performance as yet but it does sound better even using the oem backbox!

Have fun removing the old OEM downpipe its a pig of a job
    Really isit much louder in noise? i have and aftermarket catback so should sound good and fortuantly i dont have to remove it a garage is doing it for me lil do they know how much of a pain it is lol they reckon 2 hrs tops more like 3 ha ha although will cost me more

Status
    Defo more noise on WOT and when lifting off.

I could of done it in 4 hours if the old OEM pipe had come out easier in the end i took the subframe off and dropped the steering rack as low as possible to remove the old DP.

really proud of myself (i did have some help from a couple of otherguys from here) fro completing the job and kept costs to minimum
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    Defo more noise on WOT and when lifting off.

I could of done it in 4 hours if the old OEM pipe had come out easier in the end i took the subframe off and dropped the steering rack as low as possible to remove the old DP.

really proud of myself (i did have some help from a couple of otherguys from here) fro completing the job and kept costs to minimum
    how long did it take you overall then? and would a car exhaust mechanic who does exhausts day in day out do it in 2 hrs you reckon? lol

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I would use an OEM gasket (from a dealer) for the turbo/dp and not the one they supply... they don't last very long...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

The Tangerine Machine

Status
    i cant wait to get my Dp and decat fitted too
    Sold 03 S3 Audi Exclusive Papaya Orange,
    New Car 05 Evo VIII FQ 340 MR 415bhp 400ftlbs

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rydogg09 View Post
    how long did it take you overall then? and would a car exhaust mechanic who does exhausts day in day out do it in 2 hrs you reckon? lol
    I think now since doing it once i could do it again in 3-4hours as its only removing the old downpipe thats annoying. Am sure a mechanic on a proper lift with proper tools could do it in less but who knows either way it wont cost you as much blood, skin and bruises as it did me lol