Centre lower bumper grille

Maz

Reaction score
Just a quick one, noticed the front of my car didn't look quite right after a long drive. To my surprise the lower centre grille somehow worked it's way off and was sitting within the bumper recess... Not sure how this happened, I definitely didn't hit anything and there is no damage at all. My question is can it be fitted without removing the bumper?

no it should have clips on the back. you will have to take the bumper off to put it on properly

Nice one Colly.

Simple jobs are never straight forward with this car...

The centre grille is held on from behind using clips... to fix properly you ideally need to take the bumper off... not as bad a job as you may think...

<tuffty/>

Hope so Tuffty, I'll give it a go at the weekend.

Dead easy dude...

2 x screws under the bumper
4 x screws (T25 torx typically) on inner arch
4 x plastic 'pop rivets' across the top (I use a screw to pull the inner 'pin' out of them if the hole is visible else carefully push them through and make sure you see where they land)

Disconnect wiring for fogs
Disconnect hose connector for headlamp washers (I clamp it off else washer fluid will syphon out..)

<tuffty/>

Thanks for that, I'll finally be able to slot my s3 badge back on where it belongs as well whilst I'm at it!

as tuffty said it should only take ten mins to get it off it didnt take me long the first time