S3 car security

Buzzer

Reaction score
Is the standard alarm any good? What would you suggest to improve?a lot of cars around being stolen
Please pm me if you don't want non members to know. Thanks in advance.

It has crossed my mind about putting a hidden switch somewhere for the fuel pumps, although this wouldn't stop someone chucking it on a low loader ;)

Had the Clifford full month on my STI a while back with pin codes, anti hijack, proximity and tilting sensors. Not spending that type of money again.

The alarm is very quiet - it's virtually uselesss. Immobiliser is good but as stated a lowloader will easily remove a car.

With how easy it is to steal ~06+ BMWs I would try not to worry about it too much.

Agreed ^^ i think 8Ls are well down the list off the thieving scum.. having saying that just make it has difficult as you can, good lighting... mines boxed in with my mrs mini cooper... etc

To be honest, if any scumbag wants mine, they can have it!

As much as I like it, I do not want thieving scrotes waking me or my family up in the middle of the night with a knife to my throat demanding the anti hijack pincode or the location of a 'hidden switch'.

I always make sure the keys are somewhere easy to find in the house too...

Its a piece of metal, and it's insured.

But I agree, the standard alarm is very quiet!

Serious thieves are not going to be interested in 10 + year old S3s so relax..

i have a GPS tracker with a pin on mine does the job and its parked in a secure underground garage :p

however i should state that S3's in Australia are around the 18k -20k mark so worthwhile... not to mention we on this forum general tend to completely modify our cars so its worthwhile and keeps your investment safe.

The S3 in Ireland is a pretty rare site believe it or not. Iv put a couple of grand into mine now and don't want start all over again, and will never get the full amount off the insurance companies. Some of the scum are targeting older subtle performance cars now, that's where the S3 and s4 comes into play.

The standard alarm is rubbish,its like a digital watch alarm thrown down a deep well.
I have a viper with optional extras