porsche calipers on S3

mattjay50

Reaction score
I've acquired a pair of Porsche rear calipers part numbers 996.352.421.13 and 996.352.422.13
and was just wondering what is needed to fit these to my 2002 S3 with 312mm discs? Is it just a matter of buying the Porsche/Audi conversion brackets from somewere like creation motorsport?
Has anyone done this upgrade?
Is there any noticeable difference in stopping power?
Any advice would be appreciated, cheers

Fitting porsche rear calipers to your S3 will provide around a 50% reduction in stopping power and a rock hard wooden pedal.

Rear calipers are designed for the rear of the car, and in the same way the rear calipers on your S3 are tiny compared with the fronts, the porsche rears are also small in the areas where it matters (piston size).

Just because they look shiney and have four pistons doesnt get round the fact that in hydraulic terms (which is afterall all your brake system cares about) they're no better than some S3 rears.

cheers for the reply, i'm looking to get more stopping power, would the leon cupra R 323mm discs with brembos be a better option? are these just a matter of bolting them on or do they require any other parts to fit? thanks