vcds brake bleeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOTTIGGER

Reaction score
hi all im going to use vcds to try bleed my brakes, i can not bleed the m/c because 1 of the nipples is broken off, i changed a caliper and lost loads off fluid, and now after a power bleed the pedal is still spongy, i know it can be bleed like this as a garage did it with vcds a few months ago and it hade the same broken nipple,my question are, do i need all 4 wheeles jacked up or just the front ? do i ezzebleed at the same time ?anything elese i need to no? thanks in advance.

Normally you don't need to use VCDS to cycle the ABS pump unless the pump has been changed...

Like I have told you in your previous posts mate... almost every time I have got a soft pedal after a change in the brake system its pretty much always come back after bleeding the MC... you are gonna have to bite the bullet and get it sorted (changed or fixed...)

The only reason for using VCDS when bleeding brakes is to cycle the ABS pump... this is used primarily to help prime it if its a new unit being fitted... VCDS does NOT 'bleed' brakes...

Fix the master cylinder problem... the nipples are there for a reason... they need to be replaced so you can blled the system properly..

<tuffty/>

why have you got 2 posts on the same thing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.