4 bar fuel pressure reglator

Worth what?

It basically makes your injectors bigger. Do you need bigger injectors?

If you fit one it will wear your fuel pump out .

You need to adjust the map really, it's not something you can fit for £10 and get instant gains.

would it be a wothwile mod on a stage two s3 before i get it mapped?

All a 4 bar FPR will do is add 15% more fuel which the ecu will adapt out more or less straight away...

The only real reason to fit one is to make your injectors larger as Dan has already said but unless the map is adjusted to suit (and we are not talking generic stage 1 or 2 maps) then the ECU just adapts the fuel back out..

If going hybrid or BT then you just buy injectors to suit... 4bar fpr will increase the strain on the fuel pump as Dan has already mentioned...

Westy has managed to max his injectors out with his spec of tune and is currently using a 4bar fpr until he can get a set of 550cc injectors dialled in on a custom map... but its a temporary solution and will be back on a 3bar afterwards

<tuffty/>

the guy who im looking to map my car does fully custom maps on stage two cars is it worth it if your hoping to run late k04 territory with a proper map?

the guy who im looking to map my car does fully custom maps on stage two cars is it worth it if your hoping to run late k04 territory with a proper map?

If you do exactly the same mods as me you'll find that you'll actually require larger injectors for a K04 on the limit. My standard injectors with a 4 bar FPR are still struggling to supply enough fuel.

If you do exactly the same mods as me you'll find that you'll actually require larger injectors for a K04 on the limit. My standard injectors with a 4 bar FPR are still struggling to supply enough fuel.

what are the main mods you have now westy ive started to read ur thread a few times but run out of time or fall asleep. have you got a list please?

what are the main mods you have now westy ive started to read ur thread a few times but run out of time or fall asleep. have you got a list please?

Fall asleep lol is it that boring.

I think the main mod that has really opened up the air flow is the large port head. The other airflow mods that I have that will effect your injectors are below:

- new K04 turbo
- XS exhaust manifold
- AEB large port head
- 3" down pipe
- 3" Turbo Intake Pipe
- Jetex cone filter
- De-cat
- Performance exhaust

All the above have eliminated most restrictions found on a standard car. I am logging airflow to the equivelant of 285bhp but my injectors were running at 130%! With the 4 bar added they now run between 90-100%.

I have bought a set of 550cc injectors and will be getting them mapped in the next few months.

The issue with running injectors to or above their limit is that when they need to blast extra fuel into the engine to cool it they can't cause they are maxed.

thanks westy im just collecting all the parts for mine now ive fitted my cooler ive got a 3" pipeworx dp and decat to go onto it and i probably going to order a b5 tip this month then a few little bits the month after and the get it fully custom mapped hopefully