S3 with a few faults

Goubo1

Reaction score
Hi guys got my self a s3 w reg it has had a mtm 330bhp conversion been after a s3 with a big turbo conversion for a while and more so a mtm :)

the car has a few faults it is misfiring after 4500rpm so going to get new coil packs and plugs and see if that helps,also the car has no power going to the rear wheels.i am going to check the haldex fuse and earth strap to see if that's the problem of it only being fwd has anyone got another ideas on what else I could look at to cure the problem ??

Its a FWD until the fronts slips then the rears come into play

Yes I know but it's just the front that's spinning mate with no power going to the rear at all
Oh right well its good old fashioned vagcom to see what comes up,in the vcds section you can see who's local with it.

Oh right well its good old fashioned vagcom to see what comes up,in the vcds section you can see who's local with it.
sound will have a look mate,I can not wait to get these niggles sorted as it feels totally rapid over my remapped s3

A lot of people say the Mtm is old technology , ive never owned one or been in one however my friend had an evo mr 260 running about 280bhp with Hks superdrager and we wasted an Mtm s3 I was gutted as I said " watch out there about 330bhp I've heard they are quick" my mate was well smug. Pulled over had a chat with the owner and it was a genuine!

Anyway how do you find yours mate? How much you give for it? Got any pics?

Cheers sean

A lot of people say the Mtm is old technology , ive never owned one or been in one however my friend had an evo mr 260 running about 280bhp with Hks superdrager and we wasted an Mtm s3 I was gutted as I said " watch out there about 330bhp I've heard they are quick" my mate was well smug. Pulled over had a chat with the owner and it was a genuine!

Anyway how do you find yours mate? How much you give for it? Got any pics?

Cheers sean

Yeah I do believe that the mtm kit is rather dated now as the likes of the gt28 kits and such like are a lot more upto date,I honestly don't know how it will perform as its not 100% yet but on the drive home today there was a 530 BMW harassing me and I put it in 3rd and when he went to pass I floored it and it looked like he put the brakes on lol that's the only thing I can compare it to just now and it's miss firing after 4500rpm

I got it for a decent price mate a few things to sort out but once sorted I recon it will be worth the effort of getting all this sorted out

Will post some pics tomorrow mate

A few pics of the interior and brakes

D67CE154-8347-472B-84A0-EA630B9A657A-465-0000003766A28E27.jpg

59BD8168-B145-47BC-B039-71708D129C67-465-000000375937A800.jpg

1E31F708-FB75-4769-9E89-00220137CD72-465-00000037507EDCE2.jpg

2E40FE56-6D95-414B-9F6A-10A1E7F9F61B-465-000000374395EB3A.jpg

A0515E55-B47F-4F19-B9A4-D36B8B45DEDF-465-0000003722922DDB.jpg

The top part of the wastegate is vented to atmosphere you should see a pipe from you n75 join onto a banjo or nipple on the lower part of the wastegate

So you took the plunge in the end ;)

Hope you enjoy and just give me a shout if you have questions about the MTM gear and will do my best to help

The top part of the wastegate is vented to atmosphere you should see a pipe from you n75 join onto a banjo or nipple on the lower part of the wastegate

So you took the plunge in the end ;)

Hope you enjoy and just give me a shout if you have questions about the MTM gear and will do my best to help

So the this ok not to have a pipe ??,yes mate one came up at a good price low miles for the age and plenty receipts so could not say no :)

Thats great if you could help me out I cannot wait to get it 100% and have a good go init :)

i think i've seen this question asked before about this very car and it was deemed to be ok

Result then mate and shouldn't take you long to get it fighting fit ;)

Yeah that top nipples fine without a pipe ;)

Result then mate and shouldn't take you long to get it fighting fit ;)

Yeah that top nipples fine without a pipe ;)

Sound cheers for that mate :) well that's one thing ticked off the list already,just the misfiring and haldex issue to sort now,there is no power going to the rear wheels at all

my mate stuck it on the ramp there the front wheels are driving the prop is turning but no rear drive at all

5ECDA009-CEF0-4466-BB87-1837F7E8716A-932-0000005C968D6946.jpg

A quick pic while waiting on a free ramp

ah ok, i was guessing okephil had sold it on too, another MTM S3 in silver

I was wanting to buy okephil's mtm bugone was not for letting it go,i have heard that silver is the fastest colour haha

nice buy

the MTM stuff does not demand 90% from the turbo like most tuned/mapped cars, the software is only a mild tune based on the hardware as far as i am aware of

if you want more, i bet you a custom map will see more gains !

sorry - remember to change rods if getting it remapped lol !!

nice buy

the MTM stuff does not demand 90% from the turbo like most tuned/mapped cars, the software is only a mild tune based on the hardware as far as i am aware of

if you want more, i bet you a custom map will see more gains !

Well the dyno print out that came came with the car says 328.2 bhp and 467.5 nm of torque,how much more could be gained from a custom do you reckon?

sorry - remember to change rods if getting it remapped lol !!

I plan on getting them done at some point anyway along with a front mounted intercooler but these are away at the bottom of the list just now

i am not sure how much more power you could get, based on my knowledge of the MTM stuff on an rs4, probably another 12% both on torque and bhp, even more with an intercooler upgrade (cannot believe mtm do not sort this with the package) !!

as already said, watch out for the rods, plenty fail on cars with 300+ bhp, there is a lot of evidence on asn to prove this !

i am not sure how much more power you could get, based on my knowledge of the MTM stuff on an rs4, probably another 12% both on torque and bhp, even more with an intercooler upgrade (cannot believe mtm do not sort this with the package) !!

as already said, watch out for the rods, plenty fail on cars with 300+ bhp, there is a lot of evidence on asn to prove this !

12% is a fair increase,Yeah I have read a few horror stories about the rods mate

Have a read of my build thread mate as I'm running the MTM kit with 3" dp, 3" custom tip, large fmic, largeport head, as well as many other things, arguably I could have got more power if I had gone for a higher comp ratio as I'm running 8.5 but all in all got 335 bhp running less boost (1.5bar) ;)

Have a read of my build thread mate as I'm running the MTM kit with 3" dp, 3" custom tip, large fmic, largeport head, as well as many other things, arguably I could have got more power if I had gone for a higher comp ratio as I'm running 8.5 but all in all got 335 bhp running less boost (1.5bar) ;)

I will be reading threw it shortly mate just read the first few posts so far

Well got the coil packs and plugs done no misfire anymore,I went for the 2.0 coilpacks with ngk bkr7 plugs with standard gap was unsure where to go for a bigger gap or not

Since getting the misfire sorted I have been able to give it some and I am suprised with the performance as was a Astra vxr and a carrera 4 so was chuffed to bits BUT with being able to give the car some it was making a rather hard vibrating noise on deceleration and right hand bends so got the car in the air and the exhaust is rubbing against the prop in two places right at the flexi on the downpipe and right where the prop joins the rear diff has anyone else had this ?or know a fix ??