selling my S3? in favour of a S4?

S3_MCD

Reaction score
I think its all finally got to me .... I have never been one for a boot and 4 doors, but the need for more space for pushchairs and general 11mth year old parafinalia is getting me thinking.
I am gonna try to get a S4 loaner for 24/48 hours before I decide, but was wondering on your thoughts.

Do I, dont I?
Which S4 or do I try and hold out for the RS4??

Decisions, decisions

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If i was in your shoes and could afford it i'd go for the RS4 estate.. Love that car !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Scotty, i did a search on Autotrader and found a Y reg TDi Quattro with the B7 panels/bodykit on and it looked really well...

Do you know what is required to update the B6 to the B7 facelift?

[ QUOTE ]
I went from a TT to an S4. I do about 10-12k miles a year and calculated the consumption cost of the TT and then the S4 (at 18mpg). The amount of extra cash required wasn't that horrendous so I went for it and don't regret it for a minute. You never tire of the noise this car makes (helped by the Milltek system).

The B7 (new shape) is basically just a facelift. They upgraded the suspension across the range but with S4 based suspension so I don't believe it's changed much. The ESP is improved but you'll be pleasantly surprised how much better even the B6 S4 is over the old TT/S3 system. I'd go for the car that suits your budget or the one you prefer the looks of. Of course the B6 will age quicker due to the old front end but it will be a cheaper purchase in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers ScoTTy
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

getting all that kit in an S3 is tight, I do it but the wife has another car, if you want space you'll have to consider an Avant. I looked at S4s when I bought the S3 could find one with a folding back seat. What I am trying to say is if your choice is for practicality reasons it has to the RS4, justify it to yourself and then sell the idea to the misses, bank manager etc...

only depends on your mileage if you're 10k a year no probs, if your 30k+ its gonna hit a bit, but its a v8, just get it for the noise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif big difference between that and 1.8t