A3 AUM K04-001

ChaddyA3

Reaction score
hey guys & dolls,

been a while......

Really wanting to get this next month as its a direct swap from the K03s, will have some extra cash from B.day and working hectic overtime.

Are any specific name brands to stick with besides Borg Warner? (could you point me in the right direction)

what are the ups and downs of K04-001's?

Would I notice much of a difference from the Ko3s?? I am planning on getting a 3" DP + Stage 2+ Map aswell.

I am aiming for 230 - 235Hp on 95 unleaded without WM kit.

by the time im done in December side i would like to have : 4bar FPR,K04-001,bigger Fuel pump, Stage 2+ file......then im broke again :-( until next year.

I don't want to go full K04-023 as i dont have that kind of cash at the moment (R45K in SA +- 5000 Pounds), maybe in the next 2 years or so ill push for a K04 or 2871rs.

what's your guys views and advise?

Thanks Cheers :)

there really is no point in swapping to a 001.

compressor side is exactly the same as a K03s, turbine is very very slightly larger. It was a viable upgrade before the K03s existed, but no point at all these days.

230 is possible on a K03s, but not sure if you'll manage it on 95octane fuel.

hey bud, I have heard though from more than 1 person that the 001 makes more power than the 03s in mid range, as mentioned im not after killer power yet haha ;-) , if you or anyone can confirm this it would be much appreciated :) Thanks budd

might it make more? probably

But it'll be a very small amount, and totally not worth it given the cost vs performance gains.

With a good tune and the right set of bolt ons, your K03S will get you more or less where you want to be.

hey bud, thanks for the reply, im rather going to stick with the Ko3s :) and see what shes made of ;-) haha, you know of any good 17" rims thatl look good on my Silver 8L? i am gana go for coilies aswell soon :) Cheers