is this what has been causing me trouble with boosting help please

dre_S3

Reaction score
i have taken off my inlet mani as i could see oil behind it as i have boosting issues with my car can some one tell me what parts i would need to sort this out please will grab them tomo if i can, here are some pictures

IMGP0211

IMGP0212

IMGP0213

IMGP0209

If replacing them then arguably all of these...
pipes.jpg

But you could also do a PCV delete if you prefer to bin that lot off as all the kit is around the £100 mark from a dealer...

I have detailed this a few times on threads recently where people have been doing oil catch can installs...

<tuffty/>

In the picture the common problem areas where they split are marked...

Forge also do replacement hoses for the rubber parts but tbh my personal preference is to remove it all especially now the engines tend to be older as all they do is chuck oil back into the inlet and it dilutes the octane of the fuel promoting timing pull...

<tuffty/>

What about the bigger t piece below all this that's not part of the catch can delete ?
Do really want to do the catch can and remove all the trouble of these pipes is it a hard job this cars are new to me

Its so worthwhile doing dre, your car will run so well once sorted and all that simplified under there.

Gonna do it mate where did everyone get there catch tanks from been having a look but not a lot for sale ?
Im a bit confused in what else to get as I have read through 3 different threads but some things were added and taken away over time. need to get an oil stick to snapped mine today taking the mani off :(

Well after hours of reading last night I'm ready to take this on seems quite simple once I got my head round it :)
just need to find a catch tank with 19mm inlet and out I have sourced everything else on eBay pipes etc
is there any uk supplier for 19 mm tanks ?

Hi,

And a good idea to clean the engine as well, doing mine at the moment, all that pipework just crumbled in my hands. Plus I broke the dipstick and found a few other problem areas, so something worth doing.

Not so sure about the PCV delete personally, just concerned with getting things running at the moment.

Lol it's common to snap the oil dipstick broke mine to, I have ordered all the stuff I need now so just waiting now

Lol it's common to snap the oil dipstick broke mine to, I have ordered all the stuff I need now so just waiting now

Problem is, while I was breaking away the last few pieces of the dipstick base, some bits of the pipe fell into the opening. Panic stricken moment, until I brought the Hoover out and sucked all that nonsense out.

If one takes the mani off to make it easier, do you have to replace the gasket or can I just re-use the existing one? I'm a total newbie to that level of repair, so need all the advice I can get. Common sense tells me to get a new one...

JB

Should mention that generally gaskets are a one shot affair....

These aren't expensive items tbh and worth replacing to eliminate them as a potential point of trouble...

<tuffty/>

Fair enough, doesn't make sense to skimp on an important bit like that.

Just put a oil catch can on and I am still having issues with the car holding back on full throttle its ok if I put my foot down slowly though. I know the catch can solved a boost leak I had as I can't hear my car whistling on throttle but what can it be now have changed loads of pipe coils spark plugs doing my nut it now :wtf:

When boosting it does kind of feel that it's cutting off and throwing the boost somewhere else can here the change in sound of suction or something is collapsing god knows ?

I just took the actuator off and freed it off, trouble if if it is stood a week or so it sticks again...:unsure:

I think it is unusual though so i wouldnt worry about that, easily tested with a pump on the actuator pipe and see if the wastegate moves...

Yours sounds like its breaking down under heavy load, so the coil pack wiring would be my first port of call, just strip it all back, you may be surprised at what you find...

I just took the actuator off and freed it off, trouble if if it is stood a week or so it sticks again...:unsure:

I think it is unusual though so i wouldnt worry about that, easily tested with a pump on the actuator pipe and see if the wastegate moves...

Yours sounds like its breaking down under heavy load, so the coil pack wiring would be my first port of call, just strip it all back, you may be surprised at what you find...

Cheers mate will check the wiring my f**king clutch pedal just snapped to :wtf: This car must hate me ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Well got a fault code last night 17536 bank 1 running to lean. So after loads of reading last night thought I would pop out this morning and buy a new Bosch maf got it for £58 in the end with the 30% discount and £35 cash back for old maf from euro car parts.
I can't believe it my problem has gone, pulling nicely through every gear and no juddering :laugh: Over the moon got it booked in at Bills tomorrow at badger 5 gonna get my coil pack harness done plus get a smoke test and rolling road see how the cars is running :)