Help with wiring repair

mikemk4gti

Reaction score
Hi all, gutted I broke my car on Saturday night by running over a piece of fallen tree branch. I managed to catch the wiring to the second O2 sensor and it's pulled the wiring out of the plug on the car side. So, do Audi do repair wires with the pins already crimped on or can I buy the pins separately? Also does anyone know what colour wires goes where in the plug?

Your best bet may be to find someone breaking a car with the same connector, then just solder and heat-shrink. Last time I asked about small bits of wire at Audi they were pretty expensive.

I thought they may be like VW, you can buy a repair wire with a connector on each end for about £2. Tried phoning nearest Audi parts but couldn't get through, now there closed till Tuesday.

VW ones will be the same parts anyway, so if you can get to a VW dealer easier then just go there.

Connector housing and pins shouldnt be more than a tenner.

Excellent, just need what colour wire goes to each pin no. Now then if anyone knows?

ETKA Running   Oracle VM VirtualBox 2012 08 24 23 12 19

Its come out a bit small, but G130 is the rear O2.

Yep, T4m is the lambda connector, and /1 etc are the pin numbers

The wire colors are further up the traces, so the wire going to T4m/1 is labelled as bl/ro, meaning blue/red on the engine side, and changes to ws (white) on the lambda side of the plug.

Ok mate, that's great. Went to local VW dealer this morning but they didn't have the repair wires in stock and can't get them until next Thursday. Also there's a minimum order if 5. They checked there Audi dealer too and that's the same. I've took the old pins out of the connector now and I'll just solder the wires to them instead.

If I went to Audi I can get 1 wire and get it for weds. Strange how your dealers can't do anything like this

The dealer will have to order the wires in, and the minimum order qty from the warehouse is 5. Some dealers will let you order 1 or 2 and just put the rest into their own stock, others refuse and say you can only order 5.

Ive had VW repair wires before individually from them but they said these were non stock and had a minimum order of 5?
Anyway, it's all fixed now, soldered the wires back together and put a heat shrink sleeve over them. Cleared the faults on vagcom and took it for a quick drive and alls good.
Thanks for everyone's help ;)