looking for website to buy tuning parts for a3 1.8 turbo AGU!!!

TonyMase1

Reaction score
i had a 1.6 audi a3 1999 year, it was slow and got on my nerves, so iv had it converted to a 1.8 turbo engin code AGU, it has a ko3s turbo, injectors from the 2.5L audi tt, intercooler ment for a evo, remap, de-cat and back box, dump valve, manual boost control, im looking for new boost hoses, good exhaust system inc manifold, ko4 turbo, and any other mods-parts anyone would recomend, im not sure if the ko4 turbo would bolt strait on now or would i have to change something? and is it worth changine the cams i had a 106 gti before and i changed the cams and it had a big effect on the power? where would i get all these parts from iv looked everywhere and all i can find is the boost hoses? helllpppppp IMG 0061IMG 0062

I'll move this to the A3 section,why don't you just buy a 1.8T ?

i dont know how i only joined this today, and because im only 18 the insurance on the 1.8t was a bomb so converther the 1.6 sport fitted all the leather heated seats ect

Sounds like he's already done the conversion Jase....

Ko4 won't bolt straight on mate, lots of work to get a ko4 on there.

As for parts, check out websites, check out the forum sponsor section, there are loads of different companies there who all hav really good websites where you can browse to your hearts content.

ok mate il have to find out what i need, and thanks only joined this today so not to sure about what im doing yet aha cheers

i dont know how i only joined this today, and because im only 18 the insurance on the 1.8t was a bomb so converther the 1.6 sport fitted all the leather heated seats ect

Right... the insurance premium on a conversion is normally more so how have you managed to pull that off?

<tuffty/>

Right... I would advise you don't post like you have on an open public forum concerning your insurance indiscretions but seeing as you are trying to sort this then lets try and help you get your car sorted... :)

I would have a search as there are loads of threads about doing K04 conversions in particular Prawn who has indeed done this very thing albeit he started off with a 1.8t in the first place so I would read his thread...

<tuffty/>

uninsured then
declared the modified vehicle have you?

hope you are not driving it on the road currently if not insured as a 1.8t converted 1.6

thats what he is trying to do.
if you read his insurance thread it says he was quoted 1600 as a standard 1.6 sport, but now he's done the conversion they want 5k!

I was insured on a rover 1.1 last year first car for £3600 so keep it nice for your first year.
Im now running a3 1.8t and its over £130 cheaper a month pal

I was insured on a rover 1.1 last year first car for £3600 so keep it nice for your first year.
Im now running a3 1.8t and its over £130 cheaper a month pal
Wise words.