Which rear pads to use? Im heavy on the brakes .

S3 Paul

Reaction score
As most will have seen im not too confident in my brakes on my S3, It has Brembos up front which i will be trying better pads in shortly. Many say " dont forget the rears" ive looked and the rear pads are shot. The discs i would say are about half way through their life,
I did plan on developing a 300mm rear kit but at the moment... funds just arent high enough. So what pads rear for fast road/ track?
Ive asked where i usualy buy from and they all just shrug and say standard are fine.

standard pads with drilled and grooved discs, braided hoses and dot 5.1 fluid.. would be alot better

I've always thought that it's the pads which will make more difference, not the disks. Drilled and grooved make it look fancy but realistically do little to help

DS2500`s all round would probably be the one to go for.

Got ds2500's all round at the moment and they seem pretty good and had pagid rs2's on the rear prior to that and they where certinally up to the task ;)

Would have thought wouldn't have wanted to go for a to higher temp pad on the rear as would probably take quite a bit longer than the fronts to get up to temp?

I'd use the same compound on both ends, so what ever you choose for the fronts, use that on the back as well.

Drilled and grooved disks are mostly cosmetic, personally i use standard plain disks from the motorfactors.