slight boost loss after remap

a3tsportkyle

Reaction score
basically i had a remap at r tech on saterday and all has been wel until today i noticed it wasnt boosting as high .the remap took it up to 20 psi (1.4)bar but it has dopped to 16 psi max and doesnt feel as torquey.nick did say if i was to drop boost it would be a split pipe somewere but i cant see anything.i no i have a green spring in my 007p and should be a yellow for the new boost output but i cant understand because it was fine during and after the remap .is there a possibility it can be that?or anyother things i could look for?

will almost certainly be a split pipe or boost leak somewhere.

From the figure 20psi, I'll assume it's an AUM and not an AGU? I'd be looking at all the PCV pipes under the inlet manifold, a small hidden split in these lost me 5psi of boost for a very long time that took me ages to find a few years back. As Bill said I'd also fit a yellow spring in the DV, and check over all the charge pipes and connections. AUM's have a nasty press fit type clip down the back of the engine bay which famously gets tired over time with the movement of the engine and allows a boost leak.

its an agu engine..i stretched the green spring a bit and it gave me 2 psi back up to 18 psi but seems to have gone back to 15 psi ish .nick also pointed out the black tube on the right side of the manifold was leaking a small bit i just wonder if the extra 10 psi has finished it off. i just cant see any split pipes or anything.just wierd how the green spring was fine during the remap and a few days after.

Buy a yellow spring and change the pipe Nick pointed out as leaking or just keep stretching the spring and keep posting how its losing boost (until it snaps)

Reactions: Benjiman46
20psi is very high for an AGU anyway, most ko3 turbo'd won't manage 20psi ever, so you're doing well there.

Sort out the known issues before trying to solve unknowns. This is advice I've ignored in the past and it's almost always costly, and you end up replacing things that just don't need replacing because 'that bit can't be causing this fault' can it?

Change spring, sort out leaking PCV pipes, the PCV hose under your inlet WILL be cracked, I promise you that for sure.

Fix those, then see how it runs

its a ko3s mate.yeah the rubber pipes do feel ****ty and old tbh,mite be an idea to fit a catch can and do away with all the old piping.see im not very clued up on these 20vts im still trying to learn about them so thanks for the replies.