Battery relocated today and i now have some strange goings! any suggestions welcome.

Oke Phill

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Today i have relocated my battery in the boot. Now all seems to be ok, the car starts and everything is working all ok.

There is 1 small issue tho, and that is i can here what sounds like a pump running all the time from out side the car? This happens when the ignition is on second click? Now im pretty sure i did not have this before i moved the battery, i have tried to listen where its coming from and as far as i can get its coming from the rear of the car around the rear diff area?

So this leaves me thinking what the hell have i done? Could this be my fuel pump? and should it run all the time?

Any one any help would be great.

Thanks Phill

After run pump or do you have an inline fuel pump installed?

<tuffty/>

After run pump or do you have an inline fuel pump installed?

<tuffty/>

You will have to excuse my lack of knowledge, but i really do not know. is there a easy way i can check?

You will have to excuse my lack of knowledge, but i really do not know. is there a easy way i can check?

After run pump is mounted on the front slam panel just above the drivers side fan... this will run on for 10mins after ignition is off

As you have a big turbo conversion its plausible you have had an inline fuel pump fitted... couldn't tell you where that is though as there is no set place to fit one...

A video with the 'noise' may help too...

<tuffty/>

After run pump is mounted on the front slam panel just above the drivers side fan... this will run on for 10mins after ignition is off

As you have a big turbo conversion its plausible you have had an inline fuel pump fitted... couldn't tell you where that is though as there is no set place to fit one...

A video with the 'noise' may help too...

<tuffty/>

Ideal, ill get a vid with sound. Thanks

Here is the vid with sound, hopefully it will work.

[video]http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/T774MLK/?action=view&amp;current=s3strangesound.mp4[/video]

Password protected dude... can you upload to youtube at all?

<tuffty/>

Just been for a drive, and the noise has stopped!! Ill check tomos morn as well just in case.

Ill get the vid loaded through you tube because i would still like to know what it was, just in case its a warning that something i going to die.

try this.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you have the car balanced on scales?
would be nice to know the balance of the car before and after.
you should be able to tell the difference of a 1% transfer of weight
any pics of the battery relocation and parts used

did you have the car balanced on scales?
would be nice to know the balance of the car before and after.
you should be able to tell the difference of a 1% transfer of weight
any pics of the battery relocation and parts used

Hi mate,

No i have not had the car balanced.

To be honest i copied what Tuffty done in his build thread, And used 99% of the same parts as he did as well. I will get some pics up by the end of the day providing my battery tray turns up today, im then going to build a false floor to hide it all. Shold look pretty cool. Hopefully.lol