Custom Exhaust Centres in the North West

i emailed pipewerx already, but they wanted £600 for the catback which is too much.

will look into the other one cheers :)

600?! Oh my god.

Dcms is a small place, the guy is youngish but very experienced in all things performance car related. He is a powerflow dealer, can only bend 2.5 inch pipe in house, but if you reeaaally want 3 inch he orders the bends and straights in for the job.

I've always been wary of these powerflow/longlife type franchises, some of them are really dodgy, using compression bent pipework and sticking boxes with smaller internal bore on because they cant be ***** sourcing the proper size etc.

I can buy a jetex system for around £380-400, so it would have to be a good bit cheaper than that to take a chance with it. I expected 250-300 for a custom system in 2.5", but i guess the price of stuff has just gone up so much.

I expected 250-300 for a custom system in 2.5", but i guess the price of stuff has just gone up so much.

All the quotes for custom 2.5'' systems I've had have been £330 + kev, most are £350-380. it's stupid.

Labour is the killer here... and 3" systems aren't popular enough that everyone has the kit to make them...

Bill has built a few custom 3" systems using dairy grade SS bends and tubing... this means he has to TIG all the joins... not cheap labour wise as it can take a while to do...

lupo-3inch-exhaust-under-rear-2.jpg

lupo-old-vs-3inch-3.jpg

lcr-racecar-exhaust-c.jpg

lcr-racecar-exhaust-2.jpg

lcr-racecar-exhaust-a.jpg

<tuffty/>

Kev have you had a quote off dcms??
If they can quote me 350 for a 3 inch system, they can sure as hell beat that for 2.5.
He'll have the pipe instock, and 2.5 inch boxes, as that's what he uses most. Say the fellas at westcoast4x4 sent you too.

I had my quad system done at MIJ Exhausts in Walsall. They did my Cat back with quad tips for £450.

www.stainlesssteelexhaustsystems.co.uk Took about 2 hours to do. My car is diesel so no real increase in power but for a diesel it sounds far better as I opted out of a silencer box on the middle pipe and just had the back boxes.

Teey make a V6 and a V8 engine sound beautiful however from the cars that were there being done as you can walk about in the fitting bays and watch all the guys build!

JP Exhausts maccelsfield - Just done my mates VTI full stainless £350, all made to his specifications

well JP quoted me 450 + vat, which is far too much.

Will look into MIJ, but its a bit of a trek from here.

well JP quoted me 450 + vat, which is far too much.

Will look into MIJ, but its a bit of a trek from here.

Wow that is a bit pricey never thought it would be that much, MIJ is a far trek, but all depends what they have quoted ya to what it would cost to get there.

The is also APE in manchester, dont know if you have tried them??