S3 a3 windscreen replacement and rubber strip

StaceyS3

Reaction score
Simular to tittle really, basically got a lovely crack in my screen from a stone on the way to AITP and going to have to get a replacement screen through insurance but just wondered if anyone knows if they replace the rubber strip above the glass or should I be trying to order one from audi before I book the screen in?

Cheers

I've no idea about the seal but make sure it's properly fitted when you get it back. Mine's not sitting in the seal right, looks like some cowboy fitted it.

I actually called the glass company up my insurers would use to ask them this question and they did say that when they replace the windscreen they will also replace all rubbers and seals around the glass so it can be fitted properly as the old rubbers would possibly be brittle and so would not bond with the glass properly. My rubber seal at the top is already perished and in the end I've ripped it off as it looked very tacky with parts missing...

I'll be getting mine replaced in the 1st week of September when i finally have some spare time!

Cheers guys ;)

Maybe I'm best contacting them like you have and enquiring to be sure as some company's could be different I suppose, but would have thought they will replace it if it's actually part of the seal