coilpack recall ??????

cabrio boy

Reaction score
Ive not long owned my s3 a 2001 plate almost sorted all the problems on but thought id get it serviced while on the thought thought coilpacks could be worth buying new as they look a little tired and just want everything 100%

Saw a few posts about coilpack recall how do i go about it , just walk in and book my car in with my local audi dealership ?

When i bought my 2001 s3 a couple of months ago,1 of the coil packs went a week after owning it,rang audi straight away. Gave them the reg and vin number on the friday and it was done on the monday morning along with a free health check @ warrington audi.
They even cleaned the inside and gave it a wash which i couldn't complain about.

Took mine in to local dealer for service, was told they will check the coil packs. if they are the faulty part number, and have never been changed before, they usually do it for free.

I'd say just ring up and ask...

Having a lot of trouble with this my car a 2000 reg S3 blew a coil pack last week.I contacted Audi Ireland and they refused to replace the coil packs saying there was no recall issued,furthermore because it's originally a UK car they redirected me to Audi uk and said it was up to them to issue the recall for my car. In the last week i've e mailed Audi UK 4 times and still not received a reply,because i am based in Ireland i cannot ring there 0800 customer services number,does anyone know of another contact number for customer services for Audi UK.

Bolt down packs aren't included in the recall only the later push in packs...

<tuffty/>

Mine are push in also,anyone have or be able to obtain a postal address for Audi uk or a non free phone contact phone number for them? Their website is basically sh!t if you are outside of the UK and Audi Ireland have washed their hands of it.

Sorry to bump this but anyone have an up to date postal address or (non free phone) contact number for Audi UK.

I've sent 4 e mails via contact form tuffty and got no reply. Contacted my local dealer in Ireland and Audi Ireland and both wanted nothing to do with it as my car is originally a UK car and that it was up to Audi UK to issue the recall.

Would be grateful if anyone knew a postal address or non free phone contact number so i can give them an earful both about the lack of response and my coil packs.

EDIT Tuffty do you remember what e mail address the reply to the on-line contact form came from? and do you still have it ?

Last edited:
Sorry dude... I think the correspondence was on my old hotmail account which I deleted when it got hacked..

<tuffty/>