I'm back but sadly not in a Audi (don't hate me lol )

Customboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone sorry it's been quite some time since I posted, but had so much going on and thought I would post a update and just see overall how everyone is doing,

Well sadly a few months ago for those who don't know my lovely Audi was written off, a week before I was getting ready for my k04 conversion, I suffered a few cuts and bruises but was ok, but sadly car was written off and only got £400 ffrom insurance which hurt even more, I know I could of fought with insurance company but my heart was broken and I needed a car ASAP due to family commitments

So after some time I bought a Subaru impreza wrx estate on a w reg 2000 uk car, I know it's not a Audi, but I was getting stupid insurance quotes for about £1600 for any vag group car with a ko4 conversion or s3 power and I just couldnt justify the costs, my scooby only costs me £700 which is crazy!!

My heart is still with Audi and I'm still at ace cafe on Audi meets but hiding the scooby lol so I thought I update everyone and let u know I'm still here not with a Audi but with my Audi spirit always willi g to help and see how things are pics of my car coming below

Bobby aka customboy

My Audi after the crash

b6940ffd.jpg

46e1b371.jpg

My new beast

b5d02953.jpg

5e47ff3e.jpg

2009117c.jpg

84a9625d.jpg

fa5c525ed1e8a19b5e1546435a5fdf88.jpg

993530824dcc9dd8d53e0faa4c08a0cb.jpg

Shes a great car and I love the grip and so far just enjoying the simple drives but will mod it soon and see u guys on a track lol, but I haven't forget u all and still here to help when I can !!

Welcome back Bobby. Im sure the guys will all still love to see you at the ace cafe meets, and we sure will all love you to still be an active member on the site. Im sure you have been well missed. :) x

Reactions: Customboy
K04's conversions are old news now anyway..

Not too sure on the Scooby, but 4wd is a winner.

i don't mind those wagons, I bet it's pretty handy if you want it to be.

Welcome back anyway!

Reesy what's the news on the latest conversion ? Ko4 old ?? No way !!

Sorry Karl if u was in my position u wouldn't either, I don't have a drive or anywhere to store the car, tax was running out and so was the mot and as I said due to my family commitments I had to make a tough decision, that doesn't make me a fool just I bought my family first as always and sadly had to move on,

Fair play for you getting back on the road (even if it's not in an Aud) I too was in a similar situation after I wrote my 1st S3 off, so can appreciate you needing to get back on the road ASAP.

£400 back though from the insurance is slightly alarming ....did you have a pretty steep excess and not declare the majority of mods?

Close mate of mine had a WRX wagon Jap import on a 2000 plate and the abuse he gave it was unreal....very solid cars and great fun when the snow comes :) lol.....plus I will admit I do love the sound of a boxer angine!

Lol, the insurance company gave you a right good dry shafting there.

Places to store cars can be found over the longer term, cars can be dismantled in a day or two.

Even if the Tax and MOT were low, you could have parked it outside your house, stripped it over a weekend and had the scrappy collect the shell on monday morning and at least you'd have got some of your money back from selling off your mods.

Your "family commitments" were thus that you took a crappy payout for the car, and didnt bother about maximising the amount of money recovered? Surely if moneys tight then you did the exact opposite of what you should have done.

Well I got £400 for the car but made about £1500 selling the performance bits I had for the car so wasn't too bad Aragorn, things are easier said then done mate,

Kwistof the car is great and had a great deal of money spent on it before I bought it, it has had all internals done and ready to handle up to 400bhp just needs a bigger turbo and a remap, the only thing I have done was fit a boost gauge and getting a turbo timer sorted and mainly replaced the whole audio setup now sounds as great as it looks lol

Yes love scoobies!! I had one not so long ago, it was a really reliable car and what ever mods you like are easily avaliable at a good price. The only problem i had with it was the amount of fuel it uses, it was fooking shocking. But still one of the best cars i have owned

Sorry to hear about the audi dude...

The Scooby looks mint tho.

Just out of interest where did u have the accident that stretch of road look familiar....

The accident was on eastern way in se London near belmarsh prison, she doesn't drink too much in fuel as I dont thrash her and only do about 9 miles a day !! But will soon be getting a bigger turbo and seeing 330bhp !

Sorry to see your project go down the pan dude, was looking forward to seeing your end results, love kingfisher blue a3s aswell.

But looks like youv got another project on your hands now lol good luck and pop in now nd agen whoreing up the subs lol

Good to see you back,nice wagon bloke around here has one and the exhaust note is superb.

Just need to get a new manifold so it gets rid of the retarded burble lol. Worst part about subarus IMO. Glad it's a wagon though, love wagons especially when lowered nicely :D

Only the other day I was thinking,why haven't I seen you posting lately.sorry to heat about the crash,glad you wasn't hurt.least u alive and still driving.

Welcome back Bobby, nice wagon, always had a soft spot for these since the days of Gran Turismo!!

Hope you are keeping well mate...speak soon!!

Thanks for all the support guys it did kill me leaving the Audi scene just insurance put the final nail in the coffin! But fear not I'm always here and always at ace cafe on the last Tuesday though I hide the scooby lol