My Audi is Haunted poor A3

Steven Tomlin

Reaction score
Few things have started to happen to my car First of all
My alarm use to go off as soon as i locked the door, thought i had left the door open or boot happened a few times after this and worked out that the inside light flash on and off every few seconds then the alarm would go off which is crap at night.

Now the worse thing its started down is the windows go down them selfs passenger side is worse they go up no problems its only when i am driven they go down now the driver side does it the drivers side goes down then stops then goes down then stops i got soaked on the motorway today,
This mostly only happens when it is above 18o0 on the car computer

i no its not the common fault where the windows go down but dont go back up

Thanks steven

The alarm problem is common enough, the backup batteries fail and it thinks the car is being tampered with. You need to replace the alarm module (about £80) or break it open and replace the NiCads. It's a ****** to get to as it's under the subwoofer in the passenger side rear cubbyhole in the boot.
The usual reason for the windows going down is that it thinks there is an obstacle in the way (like a childs neck), maybe worth just trying some silicone spray on the runners

andy i will look into the alarm thing i just find it weird that when they are fully closed the open for no reason

If its just one side that opens then i'd be looking at the switch or window motor.

If both open, then combined with your alarm issue i'd be looking at the central locking pump as it controls both