just had my rtech remap done...quality!!

a3tsportkyle

Reaction score
just got back from the 400 mile round trip and i am wel impressed what the lads done to my car .very pleased with the results ,the car feels an animal now.
standard run it pulled 167bhp 187lbft at 124mph which i was very suprised at .then they got to work and managed-210 bhp 257lbft at 131mph.
over the moon with results even though i was ****tin my kegs seeing it gettin thrashed lol. top work by the lads.

well done kyle bet you had a grin all the way home :eyebrows:

where did you go for a remap? also what engine you running?

matt

I'm booked in for the 22nd September with rtech I'm glad to see your really happy with your results, what engine code is yours and are you an a3 or s3 owner? I got a3 AGU engine code

travelled to nuneaton,hinckley. where rtech is located. its a 1998 a3 agu with ko3s,(copy) front mount, exhaust system with decat ,tip ,forge 007p ,airfilter,and lots and lots of V power lol

Glad your happy mate! 210bhp is not bad going... Must be grinning all day long
Was it a stage 2 map you went for? I was told i should see figures of 220-230bhp but not sure now.
Did Rtech advise you on anything? Looking to book back in next month or so.

I seen this on Facebook mate, good results! Some nice power for a cheap mod! That ko3s was an absolute steal!

The issue with cheap copy turbos is they sometimes only last a couple thousand miles, so dont assume all is good just because you've had it mapped and got that figure.

I'd expect a real K03S to do 220-230hp on a stage2 map.

yeah i no the turbo isnt going to be 100% but was on the car when i bought it so no point in fixing something that isnt broke yet.but im happy with it at the min .often see genuine ko3s turbos pop up on ebay so ill just grab one when i need one.

he did say he could of got a bit more power but he said better to go a bit lower for the reliability of it. on the form it says stage 1 custom remap and pointed out maf was overreading boost pipe kept popping off and dip stick tube was leaking also temp sensor was crap. car feels really pokey mid range now so will keep me happy for a while.