brake bleed hell, help please,

HOTTIGGER

Reaction score
Hi all, I change the back brake caliper, now I've got no brakes, I've used an ezzebleed kit 2 bleed them 4 times, and just took it to ats types and let them power bleed it, still no peddle and hardly any brakes, I kid at ats said he thinks its the master cylinder, but I've only changed the brake caliper, I don't touch the cylinder and don't think in wood just pack up wood it ?, any advice I'm pulling my hair out again, why carnt I get a peddle ? All the air seems 2b out. Please help some 1, thanks.

why is their "wood" in your brake system

master cylinder also has bleed nipples..
and did you pump the pedal tot he floor when you bled it at all?

Have you bled the master cylinder? Need to bleed the two nipples on there too

<tuffty/>

&lt;tuffty/&gt;;1655362 said:
Have you bled the master cylinder? Need to bleed the two nipples on there too<br />
<br />
&lt;tuffty/&gt;
<br />
<br />
Hi m8 1 off the nipples is broken off the master cylinder, am I proper in are **** ?, is there no other way 2 bleed them ?, all I did was change the caliper, thanks

why is their &quot;wood&quot; in your brake system<br />
<br />
<br />
master cylinder also has bleed nipples..<br />
and did you pump the pedal tot he floor when you bled it at all?
<br />
<br /
Hi m8 the brakes might off bin pressed b4 I bleed it, I carn't bleed the master cylinder cus 1 of the nipples has broken off, thanks

You are not having the best luck with bleed nipples are you lol....

Basically you need bleed nipples to bleed the air from the system... without them then you are gonna hit problems and you cannot guaranty you will get all the air out...

I am not sure what else to suggest and normally when I have done fluid changes in the past bleeding the MC normally sorts the pedal out..

To be honest considering how important brakes actually are you would be advised to get the bleed nipple issue sorted out by the parts (bound to be some on ebay and maybe the classifieds here) that are damaged...

Its what I would do...

<tuffty/>

<br />
<br />
Hi m8 1 off the nipples is broken off the master cylinder, am I proper in are **** ?, is there no other way 2 bleed them ?, all I did was change the caliper, thanks

It's a funny system, if the brake fluid drops to a certain level in the reservoir, then you need to bleed the master cylinder! I took all the precautions and had a dead pedal afterwards!

You are not having the best luck with bleed nipples are you lol....

Basically you need bleed nipples to bleed the air from the system... without them then you are gonna hit problems and you cannot guaranty you will get all the air out...

I am not sure what else to suggest and normally when I have done fluid changes in the past bleeding the MC normally sorts the pedal out..

To be honest considering how important brakes actually are you would be advised to get the bleed nipple issue sorted out by the parts (bound to be some on ebay and maybe the classifieds here) that are damaged...

Its what I would do...

<tuffty/>

Hi again m8, its not just the nipples that are bad look, its the hole s3, I hate it,, so do u think its just air in the master cylinder?? Not a nackerd master cylinder?, do u thing it would be better w try and get the broken nipple out ? Or get a reservoir and change it ?, thanks

Have you made sure your pads are in and seated correctly, if you have anything wrong there you WILL get a soft pedal.

Also, start furthest away from M/C, pump the pedal 2/3 times then open the bleed nipple, let the pedal go to the floor, hold it there, close bleed nipple. Carry this out a few times at each wheel. Brake bleeding isn't hard, just do it with a methodical approach mate.

And keep the reservoir topped up constantly!!

The issue is pumping the pedal thru a full stroke like that can damage the seals, as the piston rod moves futher than it normally does and can sometimes have an edge or rough bit that rips the seal.

eezibleed type systems should work, but without bleeding the Master Cylinder you cant really tell if its just air in there, or a damaged seal.

drill the bleed nipple hole out a bit and use a streight fluted stud extractor on it.

Bleed the master cylinder from the union pipes if the nipple is broken, have someone press the pedal to generete pressure

Regards

hi m8 thanks for reaply, are the union pipes going into the cyilnder ? press the pedal or ezzebleed it thanks

Bleed the master cylinder from the union pipes if the nipple is broken, have someone press the pedal to generete pressure

Regards

Use the pressure bleeder not the foot pedal method as this can damage the seals...

<tuffty/>