a3 decat pipe

pthackeray22

Reaction score
well seen a si cant get a manifold yet im olooking for a stainoless stell decat pipe and downpipe, anyone got any suggestions loads on the bay but not sure how well they fit 98 a3 1.8 t

Is yours quattro? If not the eBay downpipes are perfect. Pretty much every with a a3 has one ans for the pri e you can't complain. Had mine 2 years now and no problems. Do it :)

no its not the quattro, well think i shall be ordering that tonight maybe did you see much gains ?

Is yours quattro? If not the eBay downpipes are perfect. Pretty much every with a a3 has one ans for the pri e you can't complain. Had mine 2 years now and no problems. Do it :)

Thats the one i have... Well made imo
Been on few months now with no issues

I fitted it at the same time as the exhaust. It sounds Deeper/ throatier. I would say there gains as it less restrictive now.

You will notice the different first time you drive it. The torque is pretty much instant. You love it. Get a cat back fitted at the same time for the sound too

You will notice the different first time you drive it. The torque is pretty much instant. You love it. Get a cat back fitted at the same time for the sound too

thats next in motion already have a stainleesss steel back box on but want to remove them centre boxes also,

If you already have a back box and plan on getting a downpipe, then all you need is the centre section straight pipe? Either a miltek one or I think you can use the one from the diesel 8L.

If you already have a back box and plan on getting a downpipe, then all you need is the centre section straight pipe? Either a miltek one or I think you can use the one from the diesel 8L.

ooo will look into that, maybe someone on here will maybe shout in and tell me lol, downpipe and decat is ordered

wow something so simple but so ****** expensive, might fabricate something up my self, might save me a few bob, dont think it will be that hard haha, when the decat and down pipe come ill measure up the pipe diamters and get straight on to it lol

I don't understand how you get reducers to fit? I bought mine and still haven't fitted my decat/dp but bought a reducer 3" to 2.25" and a TDi centre section and the reducer looks like it will rattle - it does fit but not snug, or do the bolts nip it up and fuse it together?