My new s3 with just a few niggles

AVLO

Reaction score
hi guys well i took the plunge and decided to go and get myself an s3 at the weekend its a 2000 plate, apy engine. But on the way home it just decided to cut out on the motorway, anyway after getting her back home and having a look over a few things there didnt seem to be anything wrong so just as a matter of fact i decided to try some more fuel in her even though it had a quater of a tank showing on the qauge. Once i had put a gallon of fuel in i spun her over and she fired straight up so i had a quick nosey in the fuel tank i noticed that there was a black corrugated pipe which had a kink in it this was fastened to a cream plastic thing on the bottom of the tank! question is could this pipe have caused the car to have cut out?

Also when the car is reved up on the spot and left to idle the rpm drops to about 500rpm then sorts itself out. does anyone no why this is?

all help greatly appreciated

Thas the fuel pump in the fuel tank, the kink could be causig fueling issues.

On a side note, i have a apy s3 and my car doesnt like it when the fuel drops undrr half a tank, it takes longer to start on a morning and sometimes wont start until the second turn, i believe its down to my fuel pump been on its way out. My mates s3 wouldnt start in a morning, felt down in power, one day it just died, new fuel pump and the cars running sweet.

So it could be that or i believe tufty mentioned something about fuel getting syphoned back ito the fuel tank when the cars left but unsure if thats right or ive mis quoted him.

The first thing though mate is to et the car scanned with vag com

thanks dani i think the pipe what was kinked was the pipe thats connected to the sender unit in the passengers side not sure if straightening the pipe affected anything as i havent been out in it yet. where abouts in barnsley are you from dani?

Bouncy idle could be a vacuum leak... they all seem to have them these days :)

Not sure on the fuel issue but as Dani has said, worth scanning for fault codes and do the usual split pipe etc check..

<tuffty/>

is there any best place to start tuffty? overall im very pleased just a few little things that need sorting also the drivers side lock doesnt automatically come up when you press the unlock button you have to repeatedly press unlock button on key likewise to lock it.

im sure someone else will have had the same problem somewhere? :think:

Get your pic ready Paul......

I would but the APY is a tad different to the pic I have...

Its simpler from a PCV perspective but has the same kinda SAI/N249 setup of the A3's which is a buit of a mess...

Welly has doen an N249 delete guide thats in the stickies... will give you an idea of what to look at..

<tuffty/>

Cudworth mate.

Why, where are you from?

ok i will have a look in the stickies mate.

im from woodlands in doncaster not far away.

Im not good with donny locations mate haha, is it near marr?

Well if your round my neck drop me a pm and ill scan ya car for you mate, ill also show you how to bypass the n249 on a apy s3.

sure will dani, are you going down to gti fest?

well had a real good day today whilst tinkering with the new car, ended up taking off the inlet mani to find the pipe coming from the centre of the underside of the mani had split(this is thanks to tuffty advising me) so im guna get one ordered from doncaster audi but not sure weather or not to simplify the pcv system?

also sorted the problem of the drivers door not locking straight away, that was the real niggly one but its sorted now:w00t: