tyre sizes can i use on 17inch avus??

daz-20vt

Reaction score
Hi guys. was wondering what tyre sizes i can use with the standard s3 wheels. i want to keep the cars oem look however i hate the amount of tyre profile you get. i think it looks aweful. i wouldnt mind going wider either so is there a way of working out how wide and low i can go? im thinking of either a 235/35 or 245/35 tyre combo. any reason why this wont work or improve grip? any help would be great thanks guys. daz

i know bud but are they the only ones that fit?

Arguably not but the rolling radius will change and of course affect the speedo readings plus looking at camskill the only 35 profile tyres they list that are wider than 225 are 245's and at a guess the profile won't be much different as the aspect ratio is tied in to the width of the tyre and a 245 is most likely too wide for a 7.5J rim...

They do a 225/35 but the cheapest is an FK452 and I am not sure I could recommend those after the experiences I have had with them and the next tyre up is £140... not cheap

<tuffty/>

Lower profile will look stupid on the S3 wheels I'm afraid mate, as the whole lot will just end up too small for the S3 arches.

Best bet would be some 18's with 225/40's

Cheers for replies so far. Prawn i see your point but do you not think it will look better than the 45 profile? Ive never seen 35s on 17s so your probably right. I really want to keep these wheels but hate that profile tyre. how about a 235/40? ? I know im cluthcinh at straws here but i appriciate all your views. Daz

235/40 isn't going to be much smaller sidewall than a 225/45, as the sidewall height is proportional to the width....