AFR Gauge (1.8T AMK)

Y

Yohan87

Afternoon,

Just wondered whose running an AFR gauge and what make if they are?

Heard good things about the AEM Wideband 02 UEGO Gauge. AEM Wideband O2 UEGO Gauge - Monitor Air/Fuel Ratio with the Digital 30-4100 - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics

The engine it would be going on is a 1.8T AMK (S3).

I already have gauges for Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Boost, and Voltage, but I've always wondered if I should have AFR as well.

Does it just connect in where my existing lambda probe (already mapped out) goes?

Is it a case of connecting the lambda probe up to the gauge and away you go or is there a separate controller required?

Cheers

Have used AEM and VEMs gauges for AFR in the past on customer cars... VEMs has an EGT probe too which is useful...

How do you mean your lambda is mapped out? I assume you mean the post CAT one?

Normally they should go near the turbo outlet so normally weld a boss next to or close to the existing pre-cat lambda

<tuffty/>

An EGT probe would be useful as well, can they both be shown on the same VEM gauge? Any links to said gauge?

Yes that's what I meant, I'm running a de-cat and so the post CAT lambda sensor has been mapped out.

i got the AEM UEGO.

i've got the 3"DP/de cat. as mine has the AGU limp only have 1 lambda so i had a spare hole for it.

just a case of just the sensor in and run the wiring up to the gauge. and then a live feed and earth wire

nice easy job

add a second boss close the the main lambda for accurate readings... too far away and it will be more sluggish responding

VEMs egt is an option, and is handy for 2 gauges in one

Humm... I know Bill has seen issues with the Innovate controllers...

<tuffty/>

I see.

This is the idea behind my original post, get all these experiences together :)

Innovate LC wideband and their having to remove to do air calibrations put me off... that and the poxy thing was unreliable..
Used AEM been very good, VEMs also been ok.. and dual gauge has its appeal

Bill can you supply the AEM afr kits? If so can you PM me an all in price please?

Thanks

I have an innovate MX or something like in my S3...
It realy doesnt like it when the injectors shut off on over run.
It forever throws an error code . on track or fast driving its fine. just eco driving it throws up errors.
I also have an LC1 in my mk2 which is fine. Wierd.