Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

head bolt tool and timming belt tool

can anyone post a link of the correct head bolt tool and the timming belt tool to slaken it off the timming belt please iv look on ebay but i just dont no wich one is right and dont want to buy the wrong one thanks.
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Ribe 10 splined socket for head bolts
    VW AUDI CYLINDER HEAD SOCKET TOOL KOKEN ST4027-140 | eBay

No such thing as a timing belt tool. I've got a cut down 8mm Allen key to get pulley off, then belt comes off

5th Gear

Status
    or thanks mate and just got told they was a tool the slaken it off thats all never mind
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I assume this is to replace your current head with the large port one you have? If you are using a new belt (advisable) then just cut the old one...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

5th Gear

Status
    thanks tuffty ill just cut it then and take it i wont need the tool or will i need it to get the new one on by slackening.

thanks for the editing tuffty forgot how to post pic lol

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    You will need the tool Andrew posted a link to... thats so you can re-compress the tensioner damper... ideally you need the pin that normally comes with a new damper or... I would be personally changing the damper if you haven't had it changed that you are aware of...

They don't typically get changed as part of a cam belt change as for some reason Audi deem it unnecessary... however... the dampers have a habit of getting tired and will loose tension causing the cam belt to slip teeth and of course nuke the engine as a worse case...

Considering the level of work you are about to under take I would buy a new one...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    Ok I'll get the tool ordered tuffty.

Dampers where's best place mate that don't cost a tone

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3gazz View Post
    Ok I'll get the tool ordered tuffty.

Dampers where's best place mate that don't cost a tone
    I got mine from GSF... my last one was an OEM one with the logo's machined off... still £40ish though...

<tuffty/>

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Ive got both tools numb knackers ......

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    N
    Never knew that tool existed, learnt something .

I use my brake calliper rewind tool in reverse. Fits over and then winds in to compress the damper . I guess it's a solution if any one doesn't have that specific tool. It also works when the tensioner is still installed on the car. Put it between the tensioner end and camshaft pulley and gently wind it out will compress the damper enough to get pin back in. Again just a tip, saves trying to get the thing out.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    You can make you own with a longish M5 bolt with nut and a large but thick washer, Its hard to reach so i have a 8mm spanner thats been bent at a 90 deg to get to it when its in and wound down
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

5th Gear

Status
    thanks guys great help.

dave ya a star mate thanks.

tuffty ill ring gfs and get the part ordered then just a damper.