pcv delete, am i thick??

karl210

Reaction score
Had a boost leak for a while now and its driving me nuts. I had the car in bits yesterday to find where it could be leaking from and i cant find a single split pipe, and everything is on tight :think:
The only split pipe is the y piece which attaches to the cam cover, this surely cant be the cause of the leak as i wouldnt of thought the pcv system would hold boost pressure? i can see how it would cause a vacuum leak though and allow unmetered air into the system after the maf.
Everyone keeps banging on about it being a cause of a boost leak and is im not very knowledgable with turbo engines then i will just agree, so sod it im going to delete the pcv system and fit a ghetto catch can for now.
Ive been reading up and i am still very cunfused as to which pipes to block off, my engine is AMK
So would i be right in thinking:
block off the hole in the TIP
Block off the hole coming from the oil filter block thingymabob
block off the brake vacuum source
block off one nipple on the underside of the inlet mani
run a pipe from the cam cover to some sort of bottle
would that work?
there seems to be so many mixed answers and its confusing me, thanks

haha you must be getting pretty stressed with it. I now get what to do with all the pipes under the inlet mani, but i dont want to vent back into the tip i want to vent to atmos, so......
If i was to get some sort of bottle and run a pipe from the cam cover into it, and a pipe from the oil filter area into it aswell, both pipes just pushed into the top, would this work? or as i said am i thick, apolagies in advance if its blindingly easy

if you go to pound-land , you can get an aluminium bottle in any colour you want , think they cost a pound :thumbsup:

Just a bottle is no good unless you have a method of venting it... have seen a few 'bottles' used before and most either get blown off all the time or the oil just blows back out making a mess... thats why catch cans have at least 2 inlets so the second one allows the pressure to vent... catch cans should be of the baffled type ideally as oil can still be blown out the vent which kinda defeats the object of the 'catch' part of the can :)

<tuffty/>

****** hockey puck was on upside-down, epic fail! gotta love easy fixes. So swapped it over and wow what a difference, this is where my power has been hiding, then POP followed by powerloss. If its not one thing its another! anyway it was the fpr line so all is well now :w00t:
Still a slight boost leak somewhere though so going to do the pcv delete sometime though the week now i know how thanks to Tuffty, cheers mate.
Cheers for the poundland tip, that reminded me ie got a few bottles just like that lying around, with like a spray thing ontop.