HELP!!!

M12RJX

Reaction score
Hello all

im curently trying to order a oil drain pipe for my audi s3

iv rang audi they said they have got two variations for this pipe and say i need the chasis number to confirm it. only thing is i dont have any paperwork on me at the minute as its all in the car and the car is locked in the garage at the minute!

i explained to him its a 210bhp x reg engine he stil said i need to confirm it the price he gave was £87

i rang Vw n they could locate the part to match my reg and said its a APY engine but quoted me £100!

if i ring audi would they use the same Engine code as VW to get the correct part???

any help would be much aprreciated!!

Theres only one part number listed that i can see.

06A145735J

Retails at £97. VW wont be able to order it either, it'll be brand locked to Audi or Seat.

The K03 versions are £80 but those dont fit your car.

Have you confirmed (as per our discussion in your other thread) that its actually the pipe thats leaking? in my experience they don't... its the gasket on the turbo that leaks....

The part number aragorn has given you looks like the right part to me... I still think its a gasket rather than the drain itself but removing it and testing with air pressure or a smoke test will tell you for sure...

Here is a video of when I tested mine..

I managed to kink the braided part when refitting the head/turbo etc which is not something that would normally happen on a std K04 setup..

<tuffty/>

Last edited by a moderator:
ye iv just rang audi now this is so confusing! why cant it just be straight ****ing forward agh ! rang audi with the chasis number there saying it comes up as a A3 1.9 TDI!??? i rang VW and they said under the reg it comes up as a APY engine but under the chasis number it comes up as a AGU engine code ? and they said it would come to arround £72 for the part

yup its defo the oil drain part..but getting hold of the right one is causing a ****** issue!

The part number i gave you above is the correct one for an APY.

Forget chassis numbers and whatever else, and just order that part number. The list price is £97.

il just ring up audi and ask them to order me that part number then rather then give them the ****** chasis number and reg plate cus i think the guy working there is a bit thick and doesent understan. that part number shud make his and my life easy !

iv just rang another audi dealer as the one in leicester are for some reason saying my car is only coming up as a 1.8 not a quattro s3 engine, rang derby audi and they said the part for my chasis number should be part number 06A145735AD y cant nothing be straight forward he quoted me around £72 aswel.i just want to order the correct part as its non refundable

06A145735AD is the part for a K03 engined TT quattro.

It is NOT the part number for a K04 engined car.

The part number i gave you above, ending in J, fits ALL k04 engined cars, including the 210/225 S3's, 225TTs, and the Leon Cupra R.

iv just rang my mechanic and asked him to ring with all the details as hel know whats needed and can tel them codes or whatever they need rather then me order it and mess up the order!whata nightmare lol

Your mechanic doesnt have ETKA, all he will do is give the dealer the chassis number and/or reg number as you have just done, and will end up with the wrong part if those details are wrong on the dealers computer system as they appear to be.

what is etka? he said he will do a plug in which should tell him what engine it is? i dont understand y tho with the reg and the chasis number it comes up as just a audi a3 1.8 not a 1.8 s3 quattro one dealler even said are u sure its not just a audi a3 with a s3 bodykit! i said it cant be!

iv not got any pics just yet its defo a s3 eveything is how a s3 in that shape is its defo not a replica !

this is my reg X373FOR
the chasis number is WAUZZZ8LZYA148418

2000 registered in red
Free Car Check -

all i wanted is the ****** oil drain pipe lol cant beleive what a mess this is !

If your certain its an S3 it could just be a data input error, happens from time to time.

However if thats the case, simply ordering parts with the reg number or VIN wont be getting you the right stuff.

just spoke to mechanic hus sorting car out said he rang gave them engine code and its APY? and hes ordered the correct parts which will be delivered tomorw i just hope they are and nothing ****s up ! thanks forall the help on here guys i know i sound like a right idiot on here not the impresion i want to give on my few first posts !

Theres only one part number listed that i can see.

06A145735J

Retails at £97. VW wont be able to order it either, it'll be brand locked to Audi or Seat.

The K03 versions are £80 but those dont fit your car.

AND you was right it is that part number mechanic just confirmed that now ! wish i knew as much as u do

If your certain its an S3 it could just be a data input error, happens from time to time.

I am certain I have an S3, however on my log book it says the bodytype is 'Coupe'! lol