98 a3 1.8t. fittng aftermarket headunit and audio, turbo and dump valve upgrades

pthackeray22

Reaction score
hey guys, new to audi, whats the best way off going to fit a aftermarket headunit as i understamd the rear speakers are run off the built in amp? also whats the best dumpvalve to get? and a decent turbo upgrade

best dump valve would be a forge 007p or fmdv008 (also made by forge) the other questions i cant answer for you im afraid. the standard seems to be air filter (either cone, or a decent panel in the standard air box), forge recirc dump valve and stage 1 remap. from what i've been seeing you need to get a intercooler if you want to do too much more

'decent turbo upgrade' is a little bit of an open question mate... a decent turbo upgrade could be anything from a K03s to a GT35 lol..

Budget and power expectations is a good start... but be warned it can get pricey fairly quickly especially now these engines have miles on them..

Search for the build threads by Prawn, coatsey (there are a couple of others I think) as they have done turbo upgrades on their A3's

<tuffty/>

well think the turbo upgrade is out of question then as dont want to spend stupid amount of money on a old car, she is rather quick as she is, my first turbo car also, i have a dump valve fitted now but no idea what it is am afraid no markings on it, but the small think pipe off the tob goes into my inlet manifold is that right?

'decent turbo upgrade' is a little bit of an open question mate... a decent turbo upgrade could be anything from a K03s to a GT35 lol..

Budget and power expectations is a good start... but be warned it can get pricey fairly quickly especially now these engines have miles on them..

Search for the build threads by Prawn, coatsey (there are a couple of others I think) as they have done turbo upgrades on their A3's

<tuffty/>

will put some pics on tomorrow lads, ill see if i ca find on on the net whats on mine

will put some pics on tomorrow lads, ill see if i ca find on on the net whats on mine

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

heres the pics guys

doesn't look right to me, for a start i belive that is a blow off (or vent to air) style dump valve which doesn't work very well with the engine management on these cars, you want a diverter valve, then the diverter valve will pop into the turbo intake, the inlet on the side of the valve will connect up to where the bottom of your dv is currently, and the vac hose on top will be a straight swap

doesn't look right to me, for a start i belive that is a blow off (or vent to air) style dump valve which doesn't work very well with the engine management on these cars, you want a diverter valve, then the diverter valve will pop into the turbo intake, the inlet on the side of the valve will connect up to where the bottom of your dv is currently, and the vac hose on top will be a straight swap

any pics on how its supposed to be set up?

No need to bump the threads...

A quick google search produced this..
02062007004.jpg

DV (silver item towards the top right of the picture) is normally fitted to the TIP and the other pipe to the outlet your current BOV is fitted to...

As said, atmos valves aren't the best on std management although the AGU ECU's tend to be more tolerant than drive by wire ECU's...

I would get it changed to a DV though..

<tuffty/>

thanks alot, to be honest it runs sweet as a nut, dont have any lag ect ect no flat spots, turbo kicks in well, and is a smooth drive,