1st Gear

Status

is this the right one???

hello all

cars currently at the garage as its been leaking oil

mechaning said its the oil feed pipe

rang audi for that part got quoted £87!

found a website who are selling it at £30! please check the link

AUDI S3 BRAIDED TURBO OIL FEED HOSE [HS_oil/water_20] - £30.00 : Hose solutions - quality braided hose pipes at very affordable prices ¦ High Quality Braided Hoses,

just want to make sure that is the correct part before i place an order!

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Looks compatible to me. Not OEM tho, not surre if it comes reay to fit or if you'll need to buy adapters to screw in first, or even new crush washers

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by M12RJX View Post
    hello all

cars currently at the garage as its been leaking oil

mechaning said its the oil feed pipe

rang audi for that part got quoted £87!

found a website who are selling it at £30! please check the link

AUDI S3 BRAIDED TURBO OIL FEED HOSE [HS_oil/water_20] - £30.00 : Hose solutions - quality braided hose pipes at very affordable prices ¦ High Quality Braided Hoses,

just want to make sure that is the correct part before i place an order!

thanks
    Could you be more specific? never heard of an oil feed pipe itself leaking but have seen them leak from the banjo joints which is fixed with new washers that cost pence..

I would also be looking at the cam cover gasket as this is a common leak point and due to the proximity could be mistaken for a leak from the turbo...

Should be noted that the oil feed runs very high pressure so a leak from there could well plaster oil just about everywhere...

<tuffty/>
    Last edited by <tuffty/>; 10th August 2012 at 17:23.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status
    ah i c i best ring em up and confirm that with them! i hope it is as it will be a nice saving !

1st Gear

Status
    il try and get a pic up so it can be more specific im not to sure as i only bough the car on tuesday so im not to sure on parts and so on .il get a pic up and hope that helps thanks for the advice!

1st Gear

Status
    HERES A PIC OF THE LEAK WHERE THE PREVIOUS OWNER JUST SOLD IT TO ME HAVING THE LEAK WRAPPED UP LIKE THIS!photo.jpg

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Thats not the oil feed... thats the oil drain

They leak all the time... that pipe you linked to is the wrong bit...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    ...and its a dealer only part dude...

Check where its leaking from... they leak from the turbo gasket (pence), the gasket on the sump (pence) and the flexi (complete new pipe required)

Use OEM gaskets (metal) as paper or others are rubbish and will just start leaking again

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    do you know what part number that would be ?im just so puzzled the mechanic just said to me order a turbo oil feed pipe?he said its not the oil sump or oil level sensor its defo the turbo oil feed pipe? the picture does look weird because of the angle its been taken? im just strugling to c why the mechanic would say that? iv not ordered it from audi just yet but they said it will take 24 - 48 hours for delivery so cars parked up

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Its definitely an oil drain... just call any dealer local to you quote your chassis number and you want the oil drain pipe (the one from the turbo to the sump) and they will sort it...

Its a dealer only part so you have no choice really but like I said its the gaskets that leak normally (fairly common) unless its been off for a turbo or sump swap and they have kinked the pipe

I would get clarification of the leak point before committing to buying a part you don't need..

...but its definitely the oil drain

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    if it is the oil drain pipe would that mean he has to fiddle about with the turbo to replace it cus he did mention that to? and thanks so much for replying!really apreciate this advice!

1st Gear

Status
    iv just rang the mechanic now he said its connected from the top of the turbo to the bottom of the sump

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Not had to do one on the car before but there is a bracket and transfer box in the way that makes things interesting...

The drain is held on with 2 cap screws on each end... access to the turbo end is hindered by the above so its a bugger of a job on an S3...

Depends on his definition of 'fiddle' I guess but its definately tight under there

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    ye he did say its a very long job to do! so i am guessing it would be the the turbo oil feed ! hopefully im right so i can get my car fixed only downside is i gota wait 48 hours for the part! he did say it will take a few hours as its very nibble to do. i just want my bloody car! cheers for ur help mate i just want to enjoy my car!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    iv just rang the mechanic now he said its connected from the top of the turbo to the bottom of the sump
    ye he did say its a very long job to do! so i am guessing it would be the the turbo oil feed ! hopefully im right so i can get my car fixed only downside is i gota wait 48 hours for the part! he did say it will take a few hours as its very nibble to do. i just want my bloody car! cheers for ur help mate i just want to enjoy my car!
    That thing wrapped in a towel... its the oil drain... its not connected at the top its connected at the bottom of the turbo...

The oil feed pipe comes from the front of the engine, round the gearbox side of the engine to the top of the turbo.. the oil drain comes from the bottom of the turbo and connects to the sump... so the oil can drain into it

Here is a pic of an oil drain...

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    ah i see!wud the oil drain pipe be more expensive? surely not if its smaller? im actualy gna take this to the mechanic n say this is why forums like these r so great! i see what u mean mate thanks for a good diagram! lol il defo show that to him tmrw cus cant get the part anytime soon anyways always good to double chek!

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    The oil drain is quite a lot larger than the feed pipe, Id imagine it being a similar price to the OE feed

5th Gear

Status
    its gonna be ££ with that braded bit on it! no wonder they fail with all that unsupported leaverage!
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    No worries really I should get the guy I bought the car of to pay for this! Going to cost me quiet a bit! Typical luck !

1st Gear

Status
    Does anyone know what the part number is for the oil drain pipe please?? I'm going to order it today

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Does anyone know what the part number is for the oil drain pipe please?? I'm going to order it today
    Call the dealer with your chassis number like I explained in post 10 mate... chassis number is in the windscreen

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    No probs thanks for your help