EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status

Logs after fitting new MAF :)

Well had a good day tinkering down in New Milton with JtotheD and Future.

Managed to do a few bits n bobs and then did a bit of logging on my car as i have mt new MAF fitted now as i had to replace my old tired one earlier this week when it gave up the will to live (plus mine was the only working car properly lol)

So here are the results feel free top comment as i am not the greatest at interpreting the results.

Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    looks dam healthy

Status
    Yeah since fitting my new MAF my car seems to pull soo much better plus the MPG has increased so its all win win for me.

Can you tell from my logs what sort of BHP etc i am getting?

Oh and sorry about the attached image of the same log i coudnt work out how to remove it once i had uploaded it by accident.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    near as dam it 223g/s divide by 0.8, roughly 278hp, which is VERY good. all at 1.3 bar which isnt alot!

Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001

Status
    you and your freakish maf figures good to see you today dude and cars pulling like a train
    Audi S3

''If a hammer doesn't fit it. it's technical''

AH Fabrications catch can for sale £50 posted!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    near as dam it 223g/s divide by 0.8, roughly 278hp, which is VERY good. all at 1.3 bar which isnt alot!
    Woop Woop i am a very happy boy cheers Karl.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by future View Post
    you and your freakish maf figures good to see you today dude and cars pulling like a train
    Yup was good seeing you n Josh too mate. Get yourself a new MAF asap so we can tinker some more as its one of the best £67 i have spent in ages lol.

278bhp sounds awesome defo gonna be bragging about that for a little while yet

Events Moderator

Status
    It's insane mate on stage 1! Me aand Tom couldn't believe it when it flashed up on the screen. Good work mate!
    S3 8L Ming Blue 273bhp & 294lbft h

Build/project thread
    check it out!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JtotheD View Post
    It's insane mate on stage 1! Me aand Tom couldn't believe it when it flashed up on the screen. Good work mate!
    and as we all know computer dont lie so and it was witnessed by 2 independant petrolheads so i am taking it as proof!

Events Moderator

Status
    love it mate. i reckon also what helped is going down to those original 17" ronals again. lol

Build/project thread
    check it out!

RIP S3dave

Status
    Correct MAF in there?
    (I ask as I picked up the wrong version maf myself the other day ran it and thought, wow, thats a lot of airflow... BUT, the dyno power said no.. looked at sensor part number inside and it was a narrowband in wideband car.)
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    Correct MAF in there?
    (I ask as I picked up the wrong version maf myself the other day ran it and thought, wow, thats a lot of airflow... BUT, the dyno power said no.. looked at sensor part number inside and it was a narrowband in wideband car.)
    Its an original Bosch unit bought thru ECP using my reg number so didnt actually check the part number as such. Do you know off hand what part number i should have? and i will go check it out.

Status
    Just popped out to the car and got the part number off the MAF and its : 0 280 218 065

So is this right or do i need to go back to ECP for a different one cos the car seems to be running really well as has some good power and my MPG is defo better at the mo with the one fitted.

Status
    Right after saving my school from a mini flash flood for the last hour or so after a massive storm i have moved back inside where its dry and i can sit down lol.

So did a quick google search and the part number i posted above 0 280 218 065 is defo the right part number for wide band ecu`s and the BAM engine like mine so it would seem my logging results are correct

The part number for narrow band ecu`s seem to be either 0 280 218 034 or 0 280 218 032.

RIP S3dave

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    Its an original Bosch unit bought thru ECP using my reg number so didnt actually check the part number as such. Do you know off hand what part number i should have? and i will go check it out.
    the sensor number inside is the important one.. ends 049 for wideband and 040 for narrowband

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

Status
    The sensor came as part of the brand new maf and i cant take it out as it has stupid 5 point star bit screws. Cant see how that would be wrong in a new maf out of a genuine Bosch sealed box. which had the security label intact.

Its not like the average person would check the sensor itself as the part number is printed on the MAF housing

RIP S3dave

Status
    it should be ok.. I only take note of actual sensors myself which is why I mention the sensor number

good airflow..

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

Status
    Cheers Bill

Status
    glad to see its all legit certainly feels good in car!
    Just got mine though now rob so i think its time for some logging and friendly competition
    Audi S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by future View Post
    glad to see its all legit certainly feels good in car!
    Just got mine though now rob so i think its time for some logging and friendly competition
    Cool hope yours is running a bit better on the new MAF as at least the new one should register air moving at least lol.

Defo will do some more logging and the friendly competition is welcome mate.

Events Moderator

Status
    i need to get my car on the road again. then the friendly competition begins. (the one where i win)

Build/project thread
    check it out!

5th Gear

Status
    I want a bit of the maf action! :-)

XFi
    2nd Gear

Status
    Can I ask where you got the MAF from?

Thanks

Events Moderator

Status
    euro car parts is where it's from and atm if you use the code winner 30 yout 30% off when you soend over 100 and they give £30 back fro your old maf so altogether its like £64!

Build/project thread
    check it out!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by XFi View Post
    Can I ask where you got the MAF from?

Thanks
    I got mine today from ECP and including the discount and exchange it was £54.97
    Audi S3

Status
    Bargain and if it has the effect i am having then its money well spent as even with a few third gear logging sessions and a some 50/50 town and motorway driving it looks like i might get another 400mile tank of fuel which is about 30mpg and running 270ish bhp

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JtotheD View Post
    i need to get my car on the road again. then the friendly competition begins. (the one where i win)
    With your sttge 2 setup concidering your car already felt quick compared to mine you should be flying so your gonna have to get those porks brakes fitted soon too.

Events Moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    With your sttge 2 setup concidering your car already felt quick compared to mine you should be flying so your gonna have to get those porks brakes fitted soon too.
    i'm hoping the carrier arrive tomorrow and then tom said he'd give me a hand fitting them before aitp. assuming the check valve insertion cures it! lol cooler's pretty much on tho!

Build/project thread
    check it out!

Status
    Went on a little road trip last night and my car is still running better than ever pulls really well in all gears from 3k and still seems to be using less fuel than ever before.

My love for the S3 is increasing as i still cant fault it for a great all rounder : Comfort, Performance, Looks, Grip plus has all the toys i need. So until the 8P`s come down in price alot i think i will be sticking with my little 8L

Down under

Status
    Sounds familiar I fitted a new MAF about 6 months back and consistently log decent airflow. Awesome in this cold weather here.

I'm on stage 1 too with similar looking mods...
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Status
    Nice to see my car has a silver twin down under as you say my car is flowing almost identical to yours looking at your sig.