A3 1.8t running problems

deana4

Reaction score
Searched through other threads but don't seem to find any answers so I'll start my own thread

Ok so I have a problem with the running on my 1.8t. Standing still and rev in hard it borks now this also effects it when driving as it sometimes has power then other times it doesn't. I have put a forge split-r valve on as it runs better with this on(although not perfect) and I think it's because you get less boost with these valves on. If the standard one is put on it runs bad sounds like its on 3 pots. I did purchase a new one thinking that's what it was but still the same with a brand new one on.
scanned the car and get pressure drop between turbo and throttle

All help is much appreciated

Dean

Hi ya mate with the above fault you have given i had the same and it was the dv new bosch one sorted mine right out . wouldnt suprise me if your spliter r was the cause of that . alot of guys have said on here quiet a few times that our ECU's dont like them and our engines are closed loop which requires a recircualating valve etc OEM bosch 007 008 so on.Tuffty told me to check that first. Im nowhere near the level as some guy's on there just learn alot from the forum reading threads.

Hope this help's

Hi ya mate with the above fault you have given i had the same and it was the dv new bosch one sorted mine right out . wouldnt suprise me if your spliter r was the cause of that . alot of guys have said on here quiet a few times that our ECU's dont like them and our engines are closed loop which requires a recircualating valve etc OEM bosch 007 008 so on.Tuffty told me to check that first. Im nowhere near the level as some guy's on there just learn alot from the forum reading threads.

Hope this help's

Thats what I thought but I have tried a brand new one not oem one but still the same problem. When the car gets up to temperature it's a lot worse