Dipstick tube replaced - whats the electrical connector for?

vrbob

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!
Reaction score
Morning all,

I replaced me dipstick tube last night as my old one was cracked and really brittle. Easy job once you have the metal plate removed and for the £4 cost of the new tube a no brainer.

Just want to know what the electrical connector that sits near the dipstick tube is for as i noticed that mine wasnt connected properly (no lights on the dash etc) so what would this effect and do i need to clear any fault codes as a result (gonna do this anyway after work).

Cheers

Knew someone would say that lol

Obviously being the muppet i am i didnt take any, so will try to describe better. The plate that the dipstick tube hooks into infront of the throttlebody has a plug that needs to be undone to get the plate out so you can get to the dipstick tube base. this is the one that wasnt fully connected on my car.

EGT sensor.... if not connected correctly the ECU is blind to EGT's and will be running very rich affecting MPG...

<tuffty/>

Cheers Tuffty :)

Sweet i thought my MPG had gone to sh1t in the last few days. I must of not connected it back up properly when i was replacing my FPR pipe to the inlet on the bottom of the throttle body.

MPG seemed better today since i re-conneted it yesterday after work.

So would it of thrown up any fault codes that i would need to clear from the ecu?

Yeah, it should throw a G235 sensor fault something like open circuit or implausible signal

<tuffty/>

Will clear that then after work then :)

Yeah, it should throw a G235 sensor fault something like open circuit or implausible signal

<tuffty/>

This is exactly the code thrown up by the ECU so another perfect diagnosis Tuffty :)