EM TuningChris Nott
    Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status

Dipstick tube replaced - whats the electrical connector for?

Morning all,

I replaced me dipstick tube last night as my old one was cracked and really brittle. Easy job once you have the metal plate removed and for the £4 cost of the new tube a no brainer.

Just want to know what the electrical connector that sits near the dipstick tube is for as i noticed that mine wasnt connected properly (no lights on the dash etc) so what would this effect and do i need to clear any fault codes as a result (gonna do this anyway after work).

Cheers
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Pics? there are several

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Status
    Knew someone would say that lol

Obviously being the muppet i am i didnt take any, so will try to describe better. The plate that the dipstick tube hooks into infront of the throttlebody has a plug that needs to be undone to get the plate out so you can get to the dipstick tube base. this is the one that wasnt fully connected on my car.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    EGT sensor.... if not connected correctly the ECU is blind to EGT's and will be running very rich affecting MPG...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Status
    Cheers Tuffty

Sweet i thought my MPG had gone to sh1t in the last few days. I must of not connected it back up properly when i was replacing my FPR pipe to the inlet on the bottom of the throttle body.

MPG seemed better today since i re-conneted it yesterday after work.

So would it of thrown up any fault codes that i would need to clear from the ecu?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Yeah, it should throw a G235 sensor fault something like open circuit or implausible signal

<tuffty/>

Status
    Will clear that then after work then

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Yeah, it should throw a G235 sensor fault something like open circuit or implausible signal

<tuffty/>
    This is exactly the code thrown up by the ECU so another perfect diagnosis Tuffty