am I being bumped here??

Paradox1

Reaction score
My car has lit up like a Xmas tree,traction and engine management light have been on for a few weeks now.took it to my usual mechanic to be scanned.turns out the maf won't flow more than 0.005g so seems pretty obvious its dead. Now I was expecting a replacement to be £50ish.spoke to the main guy there and he said £200! Never replaced one before but it ain't hard at all.when you get a replacement,do you just get the sensor on its own or the housing with it? Surely 200 is a but much or am I just being tight?

Where from jojo,200+ is liquid gauge money.lol how long have you had your maf btw

Olympic discount on at gsp and euro car parts. Maf £67 Bosch genuine. Two screws , takes 15 minutes , 30 mins max. Easy peasy

Cheers, sean

Marty, excuse my ignorance, but is yours an AGU or AUM? i honestly forget!

if it's an AGU, Audi will no longer to them on exchance, and it's £240 for a brand new one. GSF will do them on exchange though for about £80-90.

if it's AUM, then audi will still do them on exchange, and they're £80 and you hand your dead one back.

Where from jojo,200+ is liquid gauge money.lol how long have you had your maf btw

Olympic discount on at gsp and euro car parts. Maf £67 Bosch genuine. Two screws , takes 15 minutes , 30 mins max. Easy peasy

Cheers, sean

I'd go with this for the £10 difference to be honest. I get mine from my local motor factor. On my third one after 60k miles, old one still works @95%, that 5% gave me 6-8bhp on the rollers.

Damn,I knew something wasn't right.thanks for all your help guys.ill go Audi/vw and get one on exchange

Bought mine from eurocarparts on monday as was having the same issues with lights on the dash etc. Its a proper Bosch one that the stealers want over £130 for.

i used the code games25 which gets you 25% off plus exchanged my old MAF made the total cost of the new MAF £68inc VAT

Hope that helps

sorry to hijack but why do they exchange? are they reconditional or is there gold in it or something haha

they recondition them and then resell as of course Bosch need all the money they can get lol