S3 Exhaust on a budget

Colly

Reaction score
I have just bought a Pipeworx 3” Downpipe and Decat for my S3 I want to fit this to my OEM exhaust as an aftermarket cat back is out of the question simply cant afford.
Can the downpipe and decat be easily mated to the oem exhaust by any exhaust place?
Also I was wondering would there be any advantage of removing either the two mid boxes and just having the rear box or just removing one and having the two boxes or would this be too loud?
Thanks

1) The 3 inch decat should taper down to 2.5 for the catback
2) The oem catback has one mid box and one backbox, removing the mid box might change the sound a little, not by much though

The main restrictions on the OEM exhaust system are the DP and cat. The backbox, resonator, and flat pipe section before the backbox wont be too restrictive until you start pushing stage 2 power and boost. The better the exhaust can get rid of the gasses the lower the EGTs and the better the engines performance.

thanks guys i will be going for stage two im just collecting the parts at the moment.
might it be an idea to get a custom centre section made up?

thanks guys i will be going for stage two im just collecting the parts at the moment.
might it be an idea to get a custom centre section made up?

I looked into cutting up the OEM box and fitting custom mid sections and all sorts but it will work out easier and cheaper if you just keep your eyes open for 2nd hand cat back systems for sale. I've seen a few Milteks go for £250 on eBay, including the one I fitted to my car.