New top mounts for front shocks - LCR ones an upgrade?

Nogmeister

Reaction score
So I've won some Koni FSD's to go on the S3 off ebay, and thinking I might as well do the top mounts while I'm at it for piece of mind. Do I recall reading somewhere that the Leon Cupra R ones are an upgrade to the OEM S3 ones?

And if they are, does anyone have part numbers please?

Cheers

For the most part the LCR ones look taller in comparison as they are new and haven't been compressed like the old ones you are taking out...

Changing mine didn't make any noticable change to my ride hight

<tuffty/>

IMAG0700.jpg

<tuffty/>

i bought the lcr ones because there supposed to be be stiffer( thats what ive read)
the seat garage wanted 25 plus vat (its just round the corner seat garage) and there lemforder orginal.
33.80 for 2 was a great price including the bearings.

Reactions: Nogmeister
If I am honest that ebay item looks too cheap... thats the sort of price I would expect Lemforder std tops to be... the LCR ones from a SEAT dealer (as thats where they come from... Audi won't sell you them) are around 30/35 quid each without a bearing (around 7 quid iirc)

Real LCR top mounts are a harder rubber than std and are a specific part number... if the one in the listing covers both the std and the LCR part numbers then its not going to be the right one IMO...

I have no doubt Lemforder is most likely the supplier of the harder mount but just double check as the prices aren't normally that different

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
33.80 for me( i just checked my ebay) i am in the uk so its free shipping

Tuffy could be right, the new ones felt harder, but the old ones were used.

theres a phone number in the ad,(try ringing in the morning?) i just tried buying again and its still 16.90 for 1

Just checked GSF and I could get 'Premium' rubbers with 'standard' bearings for a shade under £30. I'm assuming these would be ****ty generics?

Jezzy mines showing £6.99 postage for one, then doubles up for two!

Ask for a quote or ask for an invoice after buying when getting from eBay (providing they don't want immediate payment)

Or call Bill and he will get you a set of genuine LCR mounts and bearings...

I am still not convinced the ones in the link above are the harder ones as the harder ones are SEAT Sport bushes specially for the LCR... the LCR had a few 'trick' bits as std over the rest of the Mk4 chassis cars in the VAG range...

<tuffty/>

opps sorry they could be thought you meant link.
ive thrown the boxes so i dont have the part numbers sorry mate

i think your your right tuffy(your knowledge is better than mine)
they have done me fine, but noggy mate ring and ask for a part number from the ad and they maybe ring bill or seat and ask for part number and compare?

i think your your right tuffy(your knowledge is better than mine)
they have done me fine, but noggy mate ring and ask for a part number from the ad and they maybe ring bill or seat and ask for part number and compare?

LCR mount and bearing part numbers are in the link in post #2

<tuffty/>

looks right mate.
Personally i would ring around as tuffy (bill) suggested and see what price they could do. and do you get the bearing?

That looks closer to the price I would expect, is the right part number and only specifies the LCR as the car it fits... :)

<tuffty/>

Do you reckon thats a good shout from there then Tuffty?

I've just been offered some 034 motorsport ones for £100, wow this car aint cheap

if you aint tracking the car regularly i wouldnt bother (100 alot)just go lcr

Im just thinking aloud, is LCR ones (£60-65) gonna make that much difference over OEM's (£30 ish)?

Just thinking I might save a few bob

have you guys considered the poly ones i think prawn found?
i think they are available from psi? give it a search. that will be a definate upgrade, if you're brave enough.