007P Flutter

S3 TAM

Pocket now empty
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just a quick one, serviced my DV the other day "New internal's and yellow spring" ever since then it flutters the first time i take my foot off the loud pedal.

I just find it abit strange as it only does it once and then it fine for the rest of the trip. This never used to happen.

Just don't want to cause any damage to anything hence posting up.

cheers in advanced.

Mine does this too from a cold start. Then its fine for the rest of the trip.

mine does if i drive it without giving it 60 seconds or so to warm up, i guess it's just a matter of being a bit paitent when starting a journey

It's the piston sticking inside the DV.. Only explanation for it... The 008 doesn't have this problem as the piston is designed differently

Ben

Did you use the red lubrication that is recomended when reconditioning the dv?

I only changed the spring due to it being abit worn, didnt think the piston or rubber seals needed doin.

I did use the Red lube that came with the rebuild kit. no real reason for servicing, just its been on there and untouched for 3 years, so i thought i would lube it up with some new bits. I did change all the seals and piston. I don't think they needed it but as i had new ones why not.

how much red lube did/do you put on it? I put quiet alot im thinking now that i might of put to much. might take it apart tonight and have a little look at it.

I serviced mine earlier today.
Used heaps of the red grease and mine hasnt "stuck" yet.
Did you clean under the old seals before putting the new ones in? as mine had a lot of graphite coloured stuff in the grooves.

Just used abit dude, maybe half the size of your small finger nail if that.

I popped abit on the spring ends as i thought it might help the friction, i serviced mine every few months, and tighten the mofo as much as you can.