A3 power cable for Sub

mmcrew

Reaction score
morning guys

Only recently had my a3 quattro,

Ive got a list aslong as my arm of all mods and performance bits i wanna do and with a few bits and bobs brought, like wheels, boost gauge, grille, bra etc but im loking to make a custom boot build, i need to know where is the best place to run the power cable through from the battery to the boot,

any suggestions guys would be most appreciated

Cheers

mines run from the battery through under the windscreen then under door sill through to under the carpet under the back seats and out into the boot.

kind of crap explaination but thats how mine is and its fine.

is that passenger or drivers side mate

passenger side mate. give your self plenty of time as its a fiddly job. the words for ****s sake were well rehearsed

Some useful instructions are here...
http://freepdfhosting.com/37841f9301.pdf

There is a grommet in the scuttle next to the pollen filter...
CRW_4610.jpg

<tuffty/>

hmm worth a look, cheers for that gusy. with the amount of stuff im buying or wanting do, ill need book a week off work do it all lol

oh yeah and that lol,

Goy my strut brace and wheels turning up friday, need rubber and adapters :) (saying no more) and then hopefully ill have recirc DV and all grooved and vented discks by end of month.

Mine is the same. My cable runs from the battery, under the little lip on the top of the wing, to the grommet near the pollen filter. Down through the glove box. Under and along the plastic trim between the carpet and door. Upto the rear seats and through to the boot. It's not a hard job but it's time consuming. Results are great tho.

I also ran all the other wires for the sub, ect under the trims. Well my partner did. A good earth it the mounting bracket of the rear seat too.