making my s3 make more noise ?

harvey01

Reaction score
hi all ive got an induction kit 3inch tip and 3inch downpipe and decat ive heard that fitting a exhaust wont make it much lowerder so whats next ?

Last edited:
has anyone taken the baffel out of the top boost pipe ?

Last edited by a moderator:
hr hr but ive had lots of much faster than my s3 but i do like the look but its a bit soleless dosent make a nice noise and is dull to drive i no a remap will liven things up but wont make it sound any better ! ive had evos subarus vr6 ,r32 and they all sounderd nice and i just wont it to make a noise that exites me .

scaffold pole?

seriously mate, if you want it loud then go custom, it will then be built to your requirements :)

hr hr but ive had lots of much faster than my s3 but i do like the look but its a bit soleless dosent make a nice noise and is dull to drive i no a remap will liven things up but wont make it sound any better ! ive had evos subarus vr6 ,r32 and they all sounderd nice and i just wont it to make a noise that exites me .
tuning it will make it sound different.

here is mine:
3 inch downpipe and decat, milltek non res catback (2.75"), B5 V2 tip, jetex cone filter. FMIC, standard map! might sound a little meaner when its mapped:
[ytv]e2aah3-zBFk[/ytv]
i particularly like it at 1:16 when i change for 3rd in the distance

Reactions: Goubo1
All the pick ups, was expecting a caravan to pop up at sum point in the video lol.

Reactions: morgan306
Nar, all the pikeys round here drive 4x4's etc lol.

I've come to the conclusion that if you really want a lovely noise you need to sell the S3 and buy an R32 or A3 3.2

subarus are loud ive had three and my misses has a wrx wagon but my evo with a screemer pipe was louder:blow:

Regarding the smashing of the boost pipe, apparently prawn (correct me if I'm wrong) did this and he had problems immediately after. Ive also done it, i didn't get any problems but i also dont remember hearing or feeling a difference. You can buy those boost pipes without the baffles so its smooth all the way through.

If you are however going to smash it anyway, Id recommend setting it all into position, ready to be smashed then go have an argument with your other half or try n do something that you can't quite do so you get really angry then quickly go and smash the crap out of the baffles cos they are as hard as Klitschko's face!

Last edited:
Reactions: S3_chris 11