Hi everyone newbie needing little adive

jay106

Reaction score
Hi guys just got my first a3 with AGU engine just wondering what the standard boost is on these engine as my gauge is showing about 7psi? and what would i gain from stage 1 remap,mods on car as stand forge tip,induction kit,fmic,and it has a baileys atmosphere dv thanks

from what ive heard, those atmos dv's are not really good for these cars. makes the ecu think there is a boost leak. induction kit is arguable as a performance mod ( at this level ) they sound better though. search on youtube for mighty mods pod filters mythbusted, both cars dynod better with standard airbox. I'm sure i'll get some stick from people who have shelled out good money for a jetex though.
other than that if the cars running well, no boost leaks and all healthy i think the norm for stage 1 with silicone TIP is bout 180 - 90.

I dont know anything about fmic's

hope that helps and someone else can tell you about the fmic

jamie

thanks m8 do you know wat the standard boost should b?

Get a forge 008, downpipe and Decat and go stage 2! Woop woop! 200bhp then and bags of torque

Then you can nickname your motor torqueschlaag.

Sean

get some pics up mate, probably the best person to talk to is prawn!! he has a pretty epic 1.8t track car.

use the search bar top right of the page for reference to most things

where are you from? welcome to the site

knoxie

thanks guys will a ko3 handle a stage 2 map?

thanks m8 do you know wat the standard boost should b?

like knoxie said, the advanced search is really helpfull. Its easy to just start a new thread, and I am tempted all too often, but the thing is people get annoyed with the forum when different people ask the same questions all the time ( i'm guilty )

sorry mate i dont know what standard boost is ( im a turbo newbie )