Stage 2 results

Matt_tha_lad

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 52 plate s3 with a stage 1 remap and it is ok but want the miltek with a stage 2remap anyone tell me what the results are like with a stage 2 or is there not much from the stage 1

Thanks

Matt

Stages are poo imo, so called stage 2 is bigger injectors, vr6maf, decat and down pipe, fmic and a 007p, jetex filter, most should already be on your car if its 'stage1' but id have a badger5 tip, a coldside relocation, have the middle cat replaced with a straight through pipe and some wmi system and then thats a healthy 'stage2'

Have a look at a few build threads, westy i think made 300bhp+ from a brand new ko4, and so did prawn with his track car, but itl only leave you wanting more lol then its gt30 turbos and a complete nother level lol

coldside relocation on an s3? i dont think it needed mate, you do need a FMIC and stage two is not all about the power gains, it sorts the bhp and torque so its better throughout the gears :)

anyone correct me if im wrong

Stage 2 doesn't need bigger injectors or WMI...

Prerequisites for Stage 2 over stage 1 are typically a FMIC, 3" DP, airfilter (cone or panel) and arguably a DV that will last a bit longer once it see a lot more boost than its used to...

Stage 2 lifts the boost a bit over stage 1 and the extras (MIC etc...) help keep the engine/ecu happier by managing the heat better so you can add more ignition timing and actually keep it rather than have it pulled... stage 2 is normally tuned to use 99ron fuels as this is the best for power and keeping knock events to a minimum

Stage 2 normally lifts mid range power rather than give a bigger overall figure... add a Badger5 TIP on either stage 1 or 2 and you will see top end gains regardless

<tuffty/>

Thats why i say stages are poo lol not many people really know what a stage 2 requires? Is it only bigger injectors with a hybrid and BT?

And sorry im not that familiar with the s3 setup, thought id saw some that looked like coldside relocation and its not lol

The boundaries of stage 2 get fuzzy when you go to the levels Westy has (assuming you have been using him as an example)

Normal stage 2 typically requires the stuff I mentioned above and will net up to 270hp typically... going to the extreme of std K04 tuning by fitting a fresh turbo, large port head, large FMIC, tubular mani etc will take the K04 to the edge and max out the rest of the std hardware... std S3 injectors are pretty much flat out at 280ish hp and you still haev EGT protection to take into account... no headroom at all...

Std stage 2 will be fine, pushing it as Westy has requires injectors and a custom map... that means its no longer stage 2 :)

<tuffty/>

Well I only bought the car about 6 weeks ago and I just want that extra bit more (just for now) lol

Ive ordered the down pipe and full decat system then when I get a bit more spare cash I will get the FMI and bigger injectors what injectors do you guys recommend I know a bit but wanna learn how to get my new toy running extra well

Well I only bought the car about 6 weeks ago and I just want that extra bit more (just for now) lol Ive ordered the down pipe and full decat system then when I get a bit more spare cash I will get the FMI and bigger injectors what injectors do you guys recommend I know a bit but wanna learn how to get my new toy running extra well

Well I only bought the car about 6 weeks ago and I just want that extra bit more (just for now) lol Ive ordered the down pipe and full decat system then when I get a bit more spare cash I will get the FMI and bigger injectors what injectors do you guys recommend I know a bit but wanna learn how to get my new toy running extra well

You won't need bigger injectors mate as I have already said... the minute you 'need' bigger injectors you won't be having a stage 2 map... you will need a custom map thats been rescaled for the bigger injectors..

Get a 3" relentless down pipe, a FMIC of your choice (read the thread in the stickies for options), a Badger5 80mm TIP (see Bill's forum in the sponsors section), get a stage 2 map and grin insanely at the extra power :)

<tuffty/>

Thats why i say stages are poo lol not many people really know what a stage 2 requires? Is it only bigger injectors with a hybrid and BT?

And sorry im not that familiar with the s3 setup, thought id saw some that looked like coldside relocation and its not lol

stages are'nt poo - lol

peoples interpretation of requirements however is the weak link

stage 1 boggo car (but does'nt exclude mods)
stage 2 needs to accommodate temp control and flow.... so this is intercooling, downpipe, exhaust, free flowing intake etc

stage 3 is hybrids, bigger turbos, larger injectors, maf's etc

thats what it is to me anyhows..

and if you think thats complicated, look in vauxhall land and they have stage 1,2,3,4,5...... how confusing is that!

Thats because vauxhall owners can count higher than us 8l folk lol

Joke aside thats a mental amount of stages.

Take it that stickers are classed as an extra stage on a vauxhore, in that case my a3 was a stage 2 even tho it only had a remap :p

I think it should be classed in how much you want your face pulled off, ie. stage im smilling, stage im gurning my tits off and the last but not least stage iv just cum in my pants lol

Ps. iv had too much coffee today :D