lighting pack

amb276s3

bird spotter
Reaction score
Has anybody got footwell lamps fitted to their car, i believe these were only fitted to 'SE' models, not to be confused with the red 'door open' marker lamps or puddle lamps on the underside of the doors. If you have them where are they fitted ? cheers

Mine has these puddle lights in the doors and mine has the Lightpack on from new.

thanks, the lamps i have in mind are the one's that would be fitted near the pedals and under the glovebox like on the A6, does the A3 / S3 have these?

Nah dude, at least, 8L A3's didn't get them. I made some for the TQ by using the same lights from the Boot. Cut out a space for them in the kick panel and wired them in to the dome light so that they "Dip" on and off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The only thing I'd warn you about is splicing into the wires, as they're A) Hard to locate the right ones, and B) some THIN-*** wire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif I just about fecked my dome light good and proper trying to get mine to work (Not to mention blowing a fuse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif) But now that the headache's over, it's pretty cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I could try and get pics this weekend if you're interested.

Cheers drill, a task to add to the list then, may have a go at the auto dipping mirror while i'm at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well, you're a braver man than I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif After the footwell lights, I'm determined to NEVER try and get anything into, nor out of, that damned A-Pillar EVER AGAIN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Oh, sounds like the A pillar is a bu***r to remove, may wait until i do boost guage pod then its only off once, although footwell light could be connected to door lamps, do they dim or are they the on / off type?

Main problem I had with the A Pillar (I didn't remove it) was tracking the dome light wires down through it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif Someone recommended I use the door lights, but I wanted the lights on when the dome light was, not just when the door was open /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif My way, they dim on/off with the dome. With the Door lights, they'd just be on/off. Oh yeah, and I went and got colored LED bulbs for it. Got a red set, and a blue set so I can swap whenever I get the itch (Although Red is a bit too dim)